Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NEW Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Cups in NW First Class [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Cups in NW First Class [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA 1K, HERTZ Presidents Circle
Same result on MSP to SAN this past Wednesday. Ice Cream served with meal, was in 6D and ice cream had been sitting on the cart the entire time they were dishing out the meals. I figured it would be a little liquid, but overall was not to bad. Would be nice to go back to the days where they served you dinner and dessert at separate times. That would make it a little easier if they continue to server ice cream. Still a nice treat.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by nwdogahunt
Would be nice to go back to the days where they served you dinner and dessert at separate times. That would make it a little easier if they continue to server ice cream. Still a nice treat.
That's how they do it in WBC, I think. In domestic F, maybe they could offer ice cream along with the post-meal coffee/beverage service.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by DanTravels
That's how they do it in WBC, I think. In domestic F, maybe they could offer ice cream along with the post-meal coffee/beverage service.
Yeah, but in WBC you are served by the dessert cart after dinner is over. The dessert cart isn't even prepared until dinner is served so the ice cream is still frozen while you eat dinner.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to just keep the ice cream frozen until at least dinner has been served to everyone. Then it can start thawing. I guess that goes against NW's Domestic F idea --- where they serve everything at the same time.

-RM
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:52 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
In the past month or so, I have never gotten the ice cream between DTW and the East Coast (NYC/BOS), but I got it on MSP-BOS this week . Nice.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

PS - It wasn't served on the lunchtime BOS-MSP a few days before.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Comment in the "what can we do better" section of my just-completed feedback survey:
Sync up the Ben & Jerry's with our bookings!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had it on a "snack" flight.

The MSP-SEA leg of NW807 on 21 July with my daughter. It was Ben & Jerry's "Chocolate Fudge Brownie" flavor. Served at the same time as the food, and the top of it didn't look very solid (seemed a little melted). My daughter ate some of it, but was a bigger fan of the Dancing Deer chocolate peppermint brownie.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:34 pm

Programs: NW-Plat. Elite, YX-Executive, HH-Diamond VIP,
Had both the Cherry Garcia and the Choc Fudge Brownie on MSP>TPA. It was yummy. A little hard when served with the meal, but thawed out nicely by the time I was ready to eat it.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Had the Chocolate Fudge Brownie after lunch on today's MSP-TPA flight. ^

They served it separately (while picking up the lunch trays), and the temp/consistency was perfect.

Much as I like the ice cream, I also like the Dancing Deer cookies and brownies. Perhaps they'll keep mixing it up, to give some variety....
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
I was on the MSP-SEA leg of NW159 on 13 July. It was Ben & Jerry's "Chocolate Fudge Brownie" flavor. The NWA FA offer ice cream after the lunch meal was served. As I can remember is very good...20% soft/80% frozen ..just right.

I was surprised. ^

-BondAir
Old Jul 23, 2007, 9:11 pm

And just to keep seeding the comments for scoopy et al., I haven't had the luck to get the B&Js yet, but I'm loving the French Meadow Bakery cookies, personally. To me, the Dancing Deer is OK, but seems a bit processed. IMHO, the French Meadow Bakery cookies are an upgrade from the DD products.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 9:56 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Pssssss. "Dear NWA Plat. line... make sure SchmutzigMSP gets his B&Js on his next flight... he really wants it."

-BondAir
Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
And just to keep seeding the comments for scoopy et al., I haven't had the luck to get the B&Js yet, but I'm loving the French Meadow Bakery cookies, personally. To me, the Dancing Deer is OK, but seems a bit processed. IMHO, the French Meadow Bakery cookies are an upgrade from the DD products.
Are those the chocolate chip cookies served with a glass of milk? We had those SEA-HNL, if I recall... they brought them out and I said "oh, cookies, I heard about there being cookies years ago," and the FA said they were the same ones. True, or not?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:41 am

Are those the chocolate chip cookies served with a glass of milk? We had those SEA-HNL, if I recall... they brought them out and I said "oh, cookies, I heard about there being cookies years ago," and the FA said they were the same ones. True, or not?
I don't know. The ones I refer to have been served for mid-con lunch flights semi-regularly. And they are pre-packaged (but probably less than a few days ago), so it's quite obvious that they're French Meadow cookies instead of something else.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
From what I understand, those cookies are different than those served on domestic (lower 48-state) flights. They're baked on board and are the same ones served on West Coast-HNL (but not the other way) flights since I began flying Northwest earlier this decade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.