Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any way to view a CO reservation on NWA.com?

Old Jun 2, 07, 10:24 am
Original Poster

I made the reservation with Continental and it took my WorldPerks FF#. When I go to NWA.com > View my Reservations by FF#, it doesn't show up. When I try to view it by reservation confirmation number (CO), it says invalid number. I like to view all my Skyteam travel arrangements together. So is there any way to view this thru NWA.com? Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 07, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
If none of the flights have a NW flight number or are operated by NW, the itinerary will not show up on NWA.com and you can't change that.

This is a CO ticket with what sounds like CO flights -- your FF# does not affect which websites your itin shows up on.

If, for instance, you had a segment on NW included in that ticket, NWA.com would show you the reservation and you would receive an NW confirmation code along with your CO confirmation code. Again, though, if you have no NW segments or flights, you can't do that.

CO confirmation codes will not work on NWA.com and vice versa.

-RM
Old Jun 2, 07, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post

CO confirmation codes will not work on NWA.com and vice versa.

-RM
Interestingly on my recent reservations it was the same PNR
Old Jun 2, 07, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
That's very interesting. Rather, perhaps it was nwa.com or continental.com recognizing the other airline's PNR? I don't believe the two airlines' systems are that sophisticated where the same PNR is issued for a single reservations.

Old Jun 2, 07, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Maybe you've stumbled onto something NW/CO might have in the future - but as far as I know, they have not integrated their systems to date.

Curious...in your itinerary, did you have any NW flights? (Or if it was booked as a NW ticket, did you have any CO flights)? I'm wondering if maybe these two airlines will start sharing PNR codes if there are flights on both airlines in a reservation.

NW could have done this with KL a long time ago and never did. I wonder why they would get this working with CO. Presumably, NW shares a ton more reservations with KL than they do with CO.

-RM
Old Jun 2, 07, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I am usnure how but when I call my travel agent to book a flight on Delta, with my NW number it shows up on NWA under my reservations, if I do it online with my travel agent it does not show up. I have not done an only CO flight in a while, so I can not comment on that as Delta only stared about 6 months ago.
Old Jun 3, 07, 7:02 am

I have a ticket booked through a travel agent on CO and it shows on my flights on NWA. The confirm #'s are different for the 2.
Old Jun 3, 07, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Maybe you've stumbled onto something NW/CO might have in the future - but as far as I know, they have not integrated their systems to date.

Curious...in your itinerary, did you have any NW flights? (Or if it was booked as a NW ticket, did you have any CO flights)? I'm wondering if maybe these two airlines will start sharing PNR codes if there are flights on both airlines in a reservation.

NW could have done this with KL a long time ago and never did. I wonder why they would get this working with CO. Presumably, NW shares a ton more reservations with KL than they do with CO.

-RM
The itinerary was 4 NW 1 CO and 1 DL segment. The DL segment had a DL PNR printed with it, the CO segment did not. I was surprised and tried the NW PNR @ continental.com and my reservation came up. Very strange.
Old Jun 3, 07, 10:00 am

Also, if your flights are all on Continental, but you use Northwest WorldPerks miles to upgrade any/all of them - the itinerary will show up on the Northwest site.
Old Jun 3, 07, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
If your TA uses Worldspan, the record may show up on nwa.com even if all segments are ticketed on other carriers.
Old Jun 3, 07, 11:04 am

Several times now when I've booked a NW-metal award using CO miles (on co.com usually), the CO record locator will pull it up on nwa.com. It's not the same as the NW record locator, which is displayed when I look at the reservation on nwa.com, and that record locator will also work on nwa.com to pull up the record. It therefore appears to me that CO has the ability to pass its own record locator to nwa.com in such a way that nwa.com can also find it by this record locator.

I therefore doubt that cfischer had the same PNR for the two airlines, just that the CO PNR could be recognized by nwa.com.
Old Jun 3, 07, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yellow77 View Post

I therefore doubt that cfischer had the same PNR for the two airlines, just that the CO PNR could be recognized by nwa.com.
Thank you I used the NW PNR on continental.com and it was recognized. Never seen this before either.
Old Jun 3, 07, 1:57 pm

Unless you're actually going to claim that the PNRs were the same, then your is unnecessary since your statement
Originally Posted by cfischer
is wrong.

Now, that doesn't excuse my mistake misreading that it was co.com understanding a NW record locator, not nwa.com understanding a CO one. Glass houses...
Old Jun 3, 07, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yellow77 View Post
Unless you're actually going to claim that the PNRs were the same, then your is unnecessary since your statement
is wrong.
yes, same PNR, isn't this what my post was implying?

Search this Thread