Wiki Posts
Search

Remind me not to take 1142 again

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Remind me not to take 1142 again

Was on 70 again back stateside. Uneventful, early takeoff in KIX. Customs, blah blah, this time no waiting for bags! Went to the WC relaxed a bit until NW1142 at 1:50 PM.

When I got there, there was an announcement about a delay. I thought, no biggie. 2:30 we should be off. I went to McDonalds to grab a bite to eat. Off on a tangent a bit but last time I went to Chilis Too and had bad gas for about a week.

Back on topic. Another delay was announced, this time 3:30. GA said something about the brakes. Fine. I inquired about NW1140 leaving at around the same time, no dice, all full. Not even economy, which I would've gave up my F seat for because I had to get in before 7 at BWI.

Not until 5 PM were we on our way. 3 1/2 hours. And I learned on the ground at BWI that 1140 had arrived an hour earlier.

God forbid I should EVER say this but sometimes I'd rather take a DC9 over the 757.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.