FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Elite ExtraPerks behavior changes? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/698491-elite-extraperks-behavior-changes.html)

avidflyer May 30, 2007 6:19 am

Elite ExtraPerks behavior changes?

Just curious if the addition of Elite Extraperks SWU's are changing your travel patterns. I have noticed quite a few FT'ers have pretty high EQM balances at the sub 6 Month point in the year. I would likely have hit it both levels anyway but I am feeling a bit driven to get my first 2 SWU's! I may actually do a MR next month and I never have done one because I fly so much there has never been a need (still not but I am just wanting to get 2 in the bank!). I will hit 90K after a flight today and with AMS on Saturday and 2 additional transcons over the next few weeks I will be getting close. I typically fly about 180K a year so this is slightly high for me at the pre-midway point. Anyone else?

SchmutzigMSP May 30, 2007 6:46 am

I am thinking twice about every travel decision I make, but overall, it's not largely affecting any of my travel patterns. ;)

jimc_usa May 30, 2007 7:01 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 7819288)
Just curious if the addition of Elite Extraperks SWU's are changing your travel patterns. I have noticed quite a few FT'ers have pretty high EQM balances at the sub 6 Month point in the year. I would likely have hit it both levels anyway but I am feeling a bit driven to get my first 2 SWU's! I may actually do a MR next month and I never have done one because I fly so much there has never been a need (still not but I am just wanting to get 2 in the bank!). I will hit 90K after a flight today and with AMS on Saturday and 2 additional transcons over the next few weeks I will be getting close. I typically fly about 180K a year so this is slightly high for me at the pre-midway point. Anyone else?

I am so glad the problem is yours, flying 180K and thinking of a MR is probably what NW hoped for with the SWU's!

avidflyer May 30, 2007 7:30 am

Originally Posted by jimc_usa (Post 7819432)
I am so glad the problem is yours, flying 180K and thinking of a MR is probably what NW hoped for with the SWU's!

Exactly and I think it is working!

MNAudiS4 May 30, 2007 7:33 am

i have almost hit my 06 total and its only the end of may. I am making a bigger push for flying more NWA out of MSP and also taking more international meetings for my company and making sure they are at least B class. So i guess you could say i have changed my patern a little bit. But i am not going to do a mileage run in June when i will be sitting at 118k after June.

Dave

avidflyer May 30, 2007 7:54 am

Originally Posted by MNAudiS4 (Post 7819596)
i have almost hit my 06 total and its only the end of may. I am making a bigger push for flying more NWA out of MSP and also taking more international meetings for my company and making sure they are at least B class. So i guess you could say i have changed my patern a little bit. But i am not going to do a mileage run in June when i will be sitting at 118k after June.

Dave

I agree but I have a Trans-Pac coming up in August and I would like to try one of these babies out ;)

DCA-John May 30, 2007 11:30 am

It has definitely kept me with NW (or skyteam, anyway...)

I had been thinking about jumping to AA or United for international upgrades, but the 4 SWUs are definiitely on my mind.

I'm about to requalify for plat - I'm positive that I'll hit the 120k threshold, but depending on how close I get to 160k (which I may not do w/ work travel - we'll see) I would certainly consider a MR

den1k May 30, 2007 1:37 pm

I usually split my 180K a year between NW and DL. This year I'm trying to be over 120K with NW for the SWU's. But, I'll still be sure to get 75K with DL to make plat.