FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Getting miles quickly to book an award... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/698236-getting-miles-quickly-book-award.html)

SharonLPK May 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Getting miles quickly to book an award...

I need 877 miles <!!> to book some award travel, I'd welcome suggestions on how to get these miles quickly... my past experience with WorldPerks mall has been that miles are slow to post (if at all...)... and I didn't find points.com to be an option. Help?

zbc42782 May 29, 2007 1:53 pm

Are you an e-rewards member? these miles post immediately. Bought miles do as well, but you must buy at least 2500 miles.

swei0009 May 29, 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by SharonLPK (Post 7815561)
I need 877 miles <!!> to book some award travel, I'd welcome suggestions on how to get these miles quickly...

Buy 'em. http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/buymiles.shtml

It's a lot cheaper to add 2,500 miles than to buy a ticket.

yogimax May 29, 2007 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by SharonLPK (Post 7815561)
I need 877 miles <!!> to book some award travel, I'd welcome suggestions on how to get these miles quickly... my past experience with WorldPerks mall has been that miles are slow to post (if at all...)... and I didn't find points.com to be an option. Help?

Easiest way?

Buy them from NW. They are sold in 2,500 mile increments

kcnwa May 29, 2007 2:27 pm

If you're a WP Visa card holder, are you taking advantage of your certs to get award tickets for less miles?

HouFlyer May 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Join White Tie (concierge service)

If you are NWA Plat it is $149 and the 2,500 miles post almost immediately. The 4 WorldClub passes are another nice perk.

MJLogan May 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by kcnwa (Post 7815856)
If you're a WP Visa card holder, are you taking advantage of your certs to get award tickets for less miles?

I never remember to do that! And I'm supposed to be good at this game!

SharonLPK May 29, 2007 3:05 pm

Thanks for so much help with this, I usually use other miles/points programs so appreciate the quick WP tips :)

I need to check regarding e-rewards (don't think I am but seem to recall getting survey invitations at home) and I currently am not holding a WP Visa (have other air/hotel cards I use) although am tempted to apply for one since I'll be depleting my stored miles...! Do you know how soon the award travel certs become available to new card holders?

Does anyone know how soon the Perkology bonus(s) will post? I made some 'qualifying' purchases today and since Perkology ends in two days...

!

seoulmanjr May 29, 2007 3:24 pm

If you're seeing the awards available NOW and the difference is buying the minimum 2,500 miles from NW for $95 or joining White Tie for $149 (and also getting the club passes), I think that the later is the best value and you could regret waiting too long and seeing that you suddenly need 35,877 miles for that reward instead of just 877...

Did you check in CC for any amenity certs, etc?

peace,
~Ben~

hw711 May 30, 2007 5:34 am

Originally Posted by kcnwa (Post 7815856)

What kind of certs do they give you?

SharonLPK May 30, 2007 5:34 am

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr (Post 7816209)
If you're seeing the awards available NOW and the difference is buying the minimum 2,500 miles from NW for $95 or joining White Tie for $149 (and also getting the club passes), I think that the later is the best value and you could regret waiting too long and seeing that you suddenly need 35,877 miles for that reward instead of just 877...

Did you check in CC for any amenity certs, etc?

peace,
~Ben~

Thanks, Ben, but I haven't found anything in CC, still need to check out White Tie, although I don't usually fly NWA which is why I'm now scrambling for the few more miles. I know I will kick myself if the awards go up, will give it a few more days for some wp mall things I ordered yesterday <!!> and hopefully quick perkology bonus. It's a sad kind of funny for me, really, I've ignored the perkology posts all long, could have accumulated those 877 miles over the past couple of monthis if I had seen this award need coming, aargh!

avidflyer May 30, 2007 6:06 am

Originally Posted by SharonLPK (Post 7819171)
Thanks, Ben, but I haven't found anything in CC, still need to check out White Tie, although I don't usually fly NWA which is why I'm now scrambling for the few more miles. I know I will kick myself if the awards go up, will give it a few more days for some wp mall things I ordered yesterday <!!> and hopefully quick perkology bonus. It's a sad kind of funny for me, really, I've ignored the perkology posts all long, could have accumulated those 877 miles over the past couple of monthis if I had seen this award need coming, aargh!

Is it possible for you to just straight up buy the miles ($95 for 2500)? How about Hotel point to miles conversions?

SharonLPK May 30, 2007 8:38 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 7819261)
Is it possible for you to just straight up buy the miles ($95 for 2500)? How about Hotel point to miles conversions?

Yes, I know I can just purchase them, just hate doing it I guess since I'm so close and have some things pending... I am going to call GP to see what kind of conversion I would get right now as a matter of fact :-)