Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TA3 Status - Passed

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
TA3 Status - Passed

I spoke with an NW FA last night regarding the status of TA3. He indicated that the voting on TA3 will be completed today (29 May).

As an aside, he mentioned to me that he would be very surprised if the TA3 is voted up. Despite the bankruptcy claim carrot, he thought that TA3 would be voted down.

P.S. Excellent service in First Class class. No evidence of any hard feelings taken out on customer service!

Last edited by hazelrah; May 29, 2007 at 10:15 am Reason: Added comment
Old May 29, 2007, 10:14 am

What's a "TA3"?
Old May 29, 2007, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
What's a "TA3"?
It's the lastest and greatest "proposed" contract with the FAs that is currently being voted on by tha rank and file.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
What's a "TA3"?
It stands for "Tentative Agreement #3". The flight attendant's Master Executive Council and NWA have tentatively agreed upon three new contracts since the flight attendants began talking strike. The last two agreements were rejected by the union. The third/current agreement is up for voting right now. Apparently the voting period concludes today.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Voting ends at 1:30 pm EDT today. Should find out the results later today.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
It stands for "Tentative Agreement #3". The flight attendant's Master Executive Council and NWA have tentatively agreed upon three new contracts since the flight attendants began talking strike. The last two agreements were rejected by the union. The third/current agreement is up for voting right now. Apparently the voting period concludes today.
Is it expected to pass? I've totally lost sight of this. Stopped flying in November and just started up in April, really haven't been watching this develop...
Old May 29, 2007, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by kcnwa
Is it expected to pass? I've totally lost sight of this. Stopped flying in November and just started up in April, really haven't been watching this develop...
I have no idea.

Personally, I doubt it will since they rejected TA1/TA2 so overwhelmingly. I think they really want to strike. But, that's only one layman's opinion.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:54 am

I have no idea.

Personally, I doubt it will since they rejected TA1/TA2 so overwhelmingly. I think they really want to strike. But, that's only one layman's opinion.
No clue on the mood out there except for a few no's. They almost have to vote for it in a way. Third negotiated agreement (second for this union) turned down does not give the negotiating team/union a whole of support. Also, the loss $$$ on their claim against NW is a big incentive. A net result will be the loss of more senior FAs.
Old May 29, 2007, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
A potential strike would be years away, so no worries on that front.
Old May 29, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
A potential strike would be years away, so no worries on that front.
Please explain your rationale.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by yogimax
Please explain your rationale.
As a general rule, I tend to thoroughly discount the rumors and what-not often spread by rank-and file airline employees on labor contract and potential strike issues. I took a peek at the NW AFA website Q&A on TA3 and saw the following:

"If the New Tentative Agreement is voted down, we will continue to work under the Terms and Conditions of Employment (“TCE”). The improvements contained in the new Green Book would not go into effect. The Equity Claim for $182 million would no longer be available upon exit from bankruptcy (see answer above about our technical ability to appeal), and the Early Out/Severance Program would not take effect. The Section 1113 order and the order confirming the Plan of Reorganization, both of which commit us to $195 million in annual concessions for five years and five months, would remain in place. Provisions in the labor agreements of the pilots, mechanics and other employees that give them the right to demand changes if our agreement does not meet the $195 million target would also remain in place throughout the duration of their Contracts.

The injunction that prevents us from striking will remain binding even after exit from bankruptcy; the injunction ruling is not limited to the bankruptcy. The U.S. District Court and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals have both said we have to resume mediation and exhaust the Railway Labor Act (“RLA”) process before we would have the potential to regain the right to strike.
Without the threat of a strike we would not have the leverage to make significant improvements at the bargaining table.

Returning to mediation, the schedule for negotiating sessions is set by the National Mediation Board (“NMB”). NMB representatives have indicated they may put our talks in recess. If they decide to schedule us to meet for more negotiations, both parties would be required to negotiate in good faith but there is no legal duty to reach an agreement. In response to our formal requests to declare an impasse, proffer arbitration and release us into a 30-day cooling-off period, the NMB has twice ruled unanimously that such a proffer “is not appropriate” in this case. NMB representatives have indicated repeatedly that the Board will not release us and risk a strike, in their words “for at least two or three years, maybe longer.”

---
The plain truth is that NWA's flight attendants have the choice of either ratifying TA3 now or else likely living with the imposed terms through the end of the decade.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I doubt it will since they rejected TA1/TA2 so overwhelmingly.
I wouldn't say TA2 was rejected overwhelmingly. It was something like 55% to 45%. That may seem overwhelming compared to the last couple US presidential elections, but if TA3 was good enough to swing the votes of 6% more of the FAs it'd pass, since it's a simple-majority vote.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
The plain truth is that NWA's flight attendants have the choice of either ratifying TA3 now or else likely living with the imposed terms through the end of the decade.
You may be right.

Unfortunately, the negativity toward The Company will likely persist regardless of today's outcome, and that won't help improve the attitudes of the front-line service people we all meet on a daily basis. Something else needs to happen and I don't know what that is.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, the negativity toward The Company will likely persist regardless of today's outcome, and that won't help improve the attitudes of the front-line service people we all meet on a daily basis. Something else needs to happen and I don't know what that is.
As compared to the rosy relationship between managment and employees of past years?!?
Old May 29, 2007, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by fromYXU
As compared to the rosy relationship between managment and employees of past years?!?
Huh? I said persist, which indicates something from the past would continue into the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.