Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

TPE - PEK or HKG on NWA PerkSaver Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPE - PEK or HKG on NWA PerkSaver Award

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mrcimino1
Regarding the visa for visits to Mainland China (PRC) I believe you must have it in advance, prior to boarding a flight to there. No visa = denied boarding! Someone can correct me if I am wrong on this. Chinese visas can be obtained at land border crossings, but it helps to be fluent in Mandarin, and even then they can still take some time. HKG is going to be a much easier destination than PEK.
You are absolutly correct. Need a vsa before flying for ROC.
Old May 28, 2007, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrcimino1
Shame on you! Always provide all of the details in the FIRST post, if you want to receive the best answer!!

Since returning from TPE on a later date seems to be the problem, just buy a one-way to HKG and return from there.

While it is now "officially" part of Mainland China, HKG will remain a Special Administrative Region (SAR) with it's own rules and regs until well after you and I complete our time on this earth! Go there and enjoy it!
Also a Free Trade Zone
Old May 28, 2007, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you do an excursion to HKG from TPE that will likely be the cheapest way to go. Dragon Air offers RT's for under $300 and sometimes even cheaper. There are plenty of hotels in HKG that are reasonable. I often stay at the Renaissance New World Center in Kowloon. It runs about $120-150 per night, has probably the most amazing view of any city in the world, and is a .50 ferry ride to central and all of the sights. Another nice thing about staying in Kowloon is that you are about 20 mins closer to the airport on the day you leave. I can not emphasize enough how great a city HK is and if you are close you should take it in. I did back in 97 and have been back 2-6 times per year since. It never gets boring! A trip to HKG is unlike any other Asia experience you will have and one I wish everyone could make.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.