Award tix on Air France- how?

Old May 26, 07, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
Award tix on Air France- how?

I'm trying to book award tix, probably on Air France, LHR-TLS with a return of CDG-LHR. The NW website doesn't seem to be able to handle that, so I sent an email to NW and got a reply that I can book Air France award tix via the KLM website.

But, the KLM website won't talk to me unless I'm a KLM member... so I created an account... but it still won't talk to me about award availability because I have no KLM miles.

Am I missing the secret entryway?

The email also said that, if using the KLM website didn't work, to call Northwest/KLM International Reservations, with a link to a section of their website that lists only foreign numbers. Is there a domestic number to call?

Many thanks-
Old May 26, 07, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Use nwa asia search.
Old May 26, 07, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
I had success by finding flights on the Asia sight and then calling NW. The Asia sight turned out to be quite accurate.
Old May 26, 07, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
Originally Posted by gpan View Post
Use nwa asia search.
Thanks, couldn't find it at first, then noticed the "other sites" option and chose "GUAM" and presto, there she is! Still defaults to showing almost entirely connecting flights... to get from CDG to LHR, everything routes you up through AMS. Yuck. Don't know how many different times I want our bikes tossed from one baggage compartment to another. Guess it's time to call and see what we can get.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; May 26, 07 at 10:03 pm Reason: Found the site
Old May 27, 07, 12:38 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Last week I was able to get AF flights to show up on nwa.com, and then the next day nothing. Seems like a work in progress for NW. I've had no luck at all with the new asia site. I miss the old japan site.

Search this Thread