Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

12 hours before flight and showing 5 minutes late

Old May 26, 07, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC

We just drove up to MSP from MCI to start our MSP-LGW-MSP vacation trip, so I checked our flights for tomorrow and NW 614, which we're taking to EWR is showing as late already, but what seems particularly odd is that it is only showing five minutes late. It's not like I never fly NW, I've seen my fair share of delays, but I'm not sure I've ever seen any airline (NW or otherwise) actually post a five minute delay in advance.

Anyone have any insight into what's going on, is it the connecting flight or possibly just a crew time issue that they can't push back until 1:00 PM instead of 12:55 PM?
Old May 26, 07, 2:08 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
We just drove up to MSP from MCI to start our MSP-LGW-MSP vacation trip, so I checked our flights for tomorrow and NW 614, which we're taking to EWR is showing as late already, but what seems particularly odd is that it is only showing five minutes late. It's not like I never fly NW, I've seen my fair share of delays, but I'm not sure I've ever seen any airline (NW or otherwise) actually post a five minute delay in advance.

Anyone have any insight into what's going on, is it the connecting flight or possibly just a crew time issue that they can't push back until 1:00 PM instead of 12:55 PM?
Most likely a crew rest issue. Crew probably got into MSP late and need the extra 5 minutes to be legal for tomorrow's flight.
Old May 26, 07, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
Most likely a crew rest issue. Crew probably got into MSP late and need the extra 5 minutes to be legal for tomorrow's flight.
You would think NW could find a crew leaving after 1:00 PM to take the 12:55 PM flight and put the 12:55 PM flight on the later flight ... we are talking about MSP here, not some outlying station, but I know such things are never as easy as it seems like they should be.
Old May 26, 07, 2:20 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
You would think NW could find a crew leaving after 1:00 PM to take the 12:55 PM flight and put the 12:55 PM flight on the later flight ... we are talking about MSP here, not some outlying station, but I know such things are never as easy as it seems like they should be.
Right, scheduling issues can cause a variety of ripples. Also, your crew might not be MSP based; they might be DTW/MEM based, so they need to get back to their home hubs.
Old May 26, 07, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

NWA has now added a whopping 1 minute to the delay ... something just doesn't seem right here ...
Old May 26, 07, 9:32 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
It's a mistake
Old May 26, 07, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crank1225 View Post
It's a mistake
LOL, I do hope you're right!
Old May 26, 07, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Delayed another 59 minutes, for weather and air traffic now according to the World Club agent, apparently one excuse, errr, I mean, reason, wasn't enough.

Search this Thread