Does BWI have Elite/FC security line??

 
Old May 23, 07, 10:00 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: He who dies with the most miles wins!!
Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,673
Exclamation Does BWI have Elite/FC security line??

Flying out of BWI Fri at 6AM (dont ask me why )

I know that it will be a bad day at check in with the holiday weekend. I really don't want to get to airport at 4 or 4:30AM.

What do you BWI pros think??

Thanks
mikey1003 is offline  
Old May 23, 07, 10:07 pm
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 22,791
Originally Posted by mikey1003 View Post
Flying out of BWI Fri at 6AM (dont ask me why )

I know that it will be a bad day at check in with the holiday weekend. I really don't want to get to airport at 4 or 4:30AM.

What do you BWI pros think??

Thanks
When NW is concourse D, there wasn't one. Now that they are in C, there is an FC/Elite line, but if you ask, they might say "NO". On Friday the 12th, of us travelling for the 6:03 a.m. flight to DTW. There were 4 of us, all Plats and all in FC, we were told "NO". Insist that there is one.
Yaatri is offline  
Old May 23, 07, 10:20 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: He who dies with the most miles wins!!
Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,673
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
When NW is concourse D, there wasn't one. Now that they are in C, there is an FC/Elite line, but if you ask, they might say "NO". On Friday the 12th, of us travelling for the 6:03 a.m. flight to DTW. There were 4 of us, all Plats and all in FC, we were told "NO". Insist that there is one.

How bad is BWI that early?? (Consider the holiday)
mikey1003 is offline  
Old May 23, 07, 11:39 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 22,791
Originally Posted by mikey1003 View Post
How bad is BWI that early?? (Consider the holiday)
We travelled out of BWI, 3 saturdays in a row, two in the morning. It gets pretty crowded even on a Sat early morning.
Yaatri is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 4:13 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somehere in the Midwest
Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Posts: 3,891
NW just moved to Concourse "C". There is and elite line on C, since the move just happened, the elite line is labeled for AA and Delta elites.

I thought that there would not be a problem with NW elites using it as well until they change the sign. I am going to try to use it tonight.
hazelrah is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 4:57 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: DCA
Posts: 3,393
I was denied entry to the elite line about 10 days ago. I sent NW an email advising them that they may want to follow-up with officials at BWI to ensure that NW elites have access to the line. If you get denied entry too, I would report it to TTU, hopefully they can follow up and have some corrective action made.
humanoid94 is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 5:29 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
When NW is concourse D, there wasn't one. Now that they are in C, there is an FC/Elite line, but if you ask, they might say "NO". On Friday the 12th, of us travelling for the 6:03 a.m. flight to DTW. There were 4 of us, all Plats and all in FC, we were told "NO". Insist that there is one.
That's great news...I haven't been there since the switch
socrates is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 8:26 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: DL Platinum
Posts: 553
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
That's great news...I haven't been there since the switch
I haven't either, but I'm not in a rush to fly out of BWI again. But, on a late night MSP-BWI flight, the FC service was great...the FA brought me heated cognac and kept it coming until I realized that I had to drive home from the aiport.
s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1 is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 3:01 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: He who dies with the most miles wins!!
Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,673
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1 View Post
I haven't either, but I'm not in a rush to fly out of BWI again. But, on a late night MSP-BWI flight, the FC service was great...the FA brought me heated cognac and kept it coming until I realized that I had to drive home from the aiport.
LOL
mikey1003 is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 4:15 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: check foursquare
Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Posts: 14,346
Originally Posted by humanoid94 View Post
I was denied entry to the elite line about 10 days ago. I sent NW an email advising them that they may want to follow-up with officials at BWI to ensure that NW elites have access to the line. If you get denied entry too, I would report it to TTU, hopefully they can follow up and have some corrective action made.
I was too about 14 days ago. Wasn't a big deal since the regular line was short. NW has room for improvement in this area.
itsaboutthejourney is offline  
Old May 24, 07, 5:44 pm
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 22,791
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1 View Post
I haven't either, but I'm not in a rush to fly out of BWI again. But, on a late night MSP-BWI flight, the FC service was great...the FA brought me heated cognac and kept it coming until I realized that I had to drive home from the aiport.
I don't like to fly from BWI either, especially for a trip that takes a few days. My office is very very close to DCA. I can park in the secure garage under our office building and take a cab to the airport. If I am going to be gone for more than 2 or three days it's cheaper for me to park at work and take a cab. Secondly, there is no WC at BWI.
Yaatri is offline  
Old May 25, 07, 4:06 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: He who dies with the most miles wins!!
Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,673
Elite line worked this AM...Thanks for the help

Airport is a zoo.

Lotsa military returning from Iraq......Very good Memorial Day for their families and for them
mikey1003 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread