Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Invited to the BDL-AMS launch party. Any other Flyertalkers?

Old May 19, 07, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA

I got an invite via USPS mail today. Platinum envelope with black writing.

On the front of the enclosed card:
The honor of your presence is requested to celebrate the inaugural launch of historic daily trans-Atlantic service bridging Hartford, Connecticut to Amsterdam and the world.

Inside:
On behalf of Northwest Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and the Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions.

Thursday, June 28 at a private club in Hartford, CT. The card requests an RSVP to a private nwa.com email address, and in small print it states: Invited attendees only.

Have any other Flyertalkers been invited to this event? Has anyone attended a similar event? Is it worth going? Do all Platinum's in the area get invited, or was I selected since I wrote to TTL with suggestions and questions about the new service?
Old May 19, 07, 8:27 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I havnt gotten one.. but maybe Scoopy can get me in... smile.
Old May 19, 07, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I am booking to fly BDL-AMS in August. Can I be a honorary BDL resident just to get into the party? I am guessing that a CT address is what gets you an invite.
Old May 19, 07, 9:57 pm

Programs: NW PE, HH Gold, SPG Gold
I got one too...

I got an email and USPS mail invite... CT adress here...

What are these things like? Who from NWA goes to these events?
Old May 20, 07, 1:46 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by ct203flyer View Post
What are these things like? Who from NWA goes to these events?
Here is what you can expect:

1. A well-scripted presentation, including some handouts from the Holland Tourism and Convention Bureau.

2. A small number of NW folks on hand, including at least the local Sales Rep. and local Station Mgr. Possibly at least one really high up exec will attend from HQ, but no guarantees. KL may or may not send a rep, since NW is their official rep here in North America.

3. A brief program which includes a lot of kudos for NW. Possibly the Mayor of Hartford, the local Airport Mgr. or Chairman of the Airport Authority, rep from the local Chamber of Commerce, etc.

4. Depending on the time of day, a nice meal or snacks and lots of drinks.

In attendance will be, obviously, invited PE's like you. But also some bigwigs from the local offices of large corporate accounts who spend a lot of bucks on international travel will be invited to attend. It should be a good time, and if I lived in CT and was invited, I am sure that I would try very hard to attend! They don't usually penny pinch on these kind of events!!!!
Old May 20, 07, 9:42 am

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
Oh man lucky duck! That should be a fun event.
Old May 20, 07, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Maybe even some cool NW plastic airplane key chains being handed out?
Old May 20, 07, 10:02 am

Take pics, of course. Be covert if you have to.
Old May 20, 07, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Apparently there are super secret levels beyond the 1%'ers & the ringers. However, do please be sure that the launch happens since WifeMpls & I are booked on BDL-AMS next Sept.

Your ringer is counting on you.
Old May 20, 07, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
Apparently there are super secret levels beyond the 1%'ers & the ringers.
Indeed. My guess is they're called "Elites (or even just Platinums) who live within an X mile radius of BDL".
Old May 20, 07, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
With the AMS/BDL flights, will there be any kind of lounge access for WBC passengers at BDL? Anyone heard anything?
Old May 20, 07, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by sushibear View Post
With the AMS/BDL flights, will there be any kind of lounge access for WBC passengers at BDL? Anyone heard anything?
I emailed NW about 6 weeks ago asking if there was any chance of a WC opening in BDL, the response was quite non-definitive.
Old May 20, 07, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by MKEbound View Post
I emailed NW about 6 weeks ago asking if there was any chance of a WC opening in BDL, the response was quite non-definitive.
There seem to be quite a few things about the 752 BDL/AMS/BDL that are quite non-definitive. I hope I will be able to change my ticket (award) to a more established route on a widebody before travel date. Thanks for posting. If you hear anything more, please post again.
Old May 20, 07, 11:56 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
See this post:

Originally Posted by sushibear View Post
Old May 22, 07, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by thezipper View Post
Well the main reason why that Hartford it's not going to get a NWA World Club is only labor company related. Remember on 10/23/2006 all NWA employees at Hartford were outsourced and a contractor company put inplace to handle all NWA operations. ( In other words cheaper labor) .If NWA all of sudden decide to open a World Club in Hartford that will mean by the union group that represent the workers of this station the( IAM )a recall prosses to all of them. Something that NWA doesn't whant to happend.

Search this Thread