Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Invited to the BDL-AMS launch party. Any other Flyertalkers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Invited to the BDL-AMS launch party. Any other Flyertalkers?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by exnwa787
Well the main reason why that Hartford it's not going to get a NWA World Club is only labor company related. Remember on 10/23/2006 all NWA employees at Hartford were outsourced and a contractor company put inplace to handle all NWA operations. ( In other words cheaper labor) .If NWA all of sudden decide to open a World Club in Hartford that will mean by the union group that represent the workers of this station the( IAM )a recall prosses to all of them. Something that NWA doesn't whant to happend.
There's nothing saying it couldn't be an airport/airport authority owned-and-operated lounge, too. Not sure I see your point, though. I assume you were one of the employees who was let go on 10/23?
Old May 22, 2007, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thezipper
I havnt gotten one.. but maybe Scoopy can get me in... smile.
Two percenters don't get a mere mail invite.
Old May 22, 2007, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
The way BDL is carved up, there is one TSA entrance to the terminal that serves Delta, CO, Southwest, Northwest and maybe another small carrier. In that area, there is NO club or lounge operated by anybody.

There is a US Airways club @ BDL, but in a different secure area of the airport.

I personally think BDL would be a great choice for a club by one of the Skyteam partners since CO, DL and NW are all right next to each other.
Old May 22, 2007, 7:33 pm

CO (presumably) has extra cash lying around. I say we let them build it.
Old May 22, 2007, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
CO (presumably) has extra cash lying around. I say we let them build it.
That would be okay (better than Delta anyway )
Old May 22, 2007, 8:56 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Well, we have only wandered a little Off Topic here, so please see my new thread titled:

"New World Club/SkyTeam Lounge Locations"

and let's discuss this issue further. Maybe we can open up a few minds at NW regarding this idea.
Old May 23, 2007, 3:50 pm

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
Northwest is in negotiations with the SHERATON to set up a lounge for this flight. For first class passengers Bradley is a nightmare TSA longlines and no first class. Also as someone else said, 30 year employees were laid off and others were hired. These employees are nightmares and frequent flyers have been changing over to Continental.

BDL-AMS will not last unless Connecticut gives NW another subsidy next year
Old May 23, 2007, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by hvnflyer
Northwest is in negotiations with the SHERATON to set up a lounge for this flight. For first class passengers Bradley is a nightmare TSA longlines and no first class. Also as someone else said, 30 year employees were laid off and others were hired. These employees are nightmares and frequent flyers have been changing over to Continental.

BDL-AMS will not last unless Connecticut gives NW another subsidy next year
I HAVE A FEELING THAT NWA IT'S GOING TO REHIRE ALL THE OLD EMPLOYEES BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OF THIS FLIGHT TO AMSTERDAM
Old May 23, 2007, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

I HAVE A FEELING THAT NWA IT'S GOING TO REHIRE ALL THE OLD EMPLOYEES BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OF THIS FLIGHT TO AMSTERDAM
I sure hope so; the new "new" outsourced GA's and TA's are a black mark on NW's efforts in BDL
Old May 23, 2007, 9:49 pm

I wouldn't think so, the BDL-AMS plans were in the works well before the outsourcing, if they wanted the "old" employees on the line it seems like they would've kept them on rather than go through the expense of outsourcing then, um, re-insourcing.
Old May 24, 2007, 8:37 am

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
Originally Posted by Sancha
I wouldn't think so, the BDL-AMS plans were in the works well before the outsourcing, if they wanted the "old" employees on the line it seems like they would've kept them on rather than go through the expense of outsourcing then, um, re-insourcing.
The new employees can't handle the stress. When there are flight dleays and cancelations, customers are told to pick up the phone...BIG MISTAKE
Old May 24, 2007, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by hvnflyer
The new employees can't handle the stress. When there are flight dleays and cancelations, customers are told to pick up the phone...BIG MISTAKE

100% of those people who are working for that contract company came off the street . With no proper training and customer service experience required by the new contract company. So that's explained why they are clue less about everything.
Old May 24, 2007, 9:54 am

Thumbs up

100% of those people who are working for that contract company came off the street . With no proper training and customer service experience required by the new contract company. So that's explained why they are clue less about everything.

Indeed NWA needs a World Club at BDL..First of all the new AMS flight..Second of all VIP frequent fliers for the new flight. And the last and must important that people didn't realize is that the loads for the new AMS flight are HEAVY..

07/01/2007----FLT 98 BDL-AMS- 13/16 WBC and 125/144 Y as of today 05/24/2007.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
My search for discussion related to a WC lounge directed me to this thread. I've been curious myself as to what NW was going to do for WBC pax ex-BDL. I emailed NW late last week and was directed to the list of lounges on the NW website. As politely as I could, I pointed out that I was asking specifically about BDL as there was no lounge there. No reply yet. (I thought maybe NW would take over the old Crown Room space.)

As far as a SkyTeam co-branded lounge...I doubt we'd see anything soon. Apparently CO is just now going to put a P-Club at LAS. I would think BDL is kinda far down the foodchain from LAS (and I love BDL).
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Duhey2
My search for discussion related to a WC lounge directed me to this thread. I've been curious myself as to what NW was going to do for WBC pax ex-BDL. I emailed NW late last week and was directed to the list of lounges on the NW website. As politely as I could, I pointed out that I was asking specifically about BDL as there was no lounge there. No reply yet. (I thought maybe NW would take over the old Crown Room space.)

As far as a SkyTeam co-branded lounge...I doubt we'd see anything soon. Apparently CO is just now going to put a P-Club at LAS. I would think BDL is kinda far down the foodchain from LAS (and I love BDL).
Radiocycle mentioned that NW was perhaps working with the Sheraton Hotel at BDL (or whichever chain it is) about setting aside a lounge for passenger use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.