Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW 1411 makes emergency landing

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 11:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mkenwayx
Seems like somebody really doesn't like the DC9s (or just NWA)! IIRC it was snowing when the DC9 went off the runway in MKE. I think I feel safer on a plane like that - that's undergone such significant mx checks over the years, and had time for flaws to be fixed - than a CR9 or E190 that's brand new...

Hmm... brand new aircraft pose a high threat and ancient don't?

The MKE incident was a bust engine followed by weak brakes that couldn't stop the aircraft before it went off the runway.

It is amazing how some NW FTer defend the DC9.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Flight NW1411

Has anyone heard what the cause of the depressurization on flight NW1411 on May 18th. was? Or more specifically, what caused the hole in the fusilage.
Dave
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:39 pm

Initial NTSB report is in. NW is blaming the contract ground operations:

From the official Report:

"According to Northwest Airlines personnel, the height of the damage on the airplane was approximately the same height as the top of the cab of a baggage cart tug used by contract personnel to load passenger luggage onto the airplane."

Although sometimes these issues can come from strikes that happen months or years before the accident happens.

I wouldn't expect an offical reason from the NTSB for months.

Last edited by motytrah; Jun 6, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.