FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Lunch on SEA-MSP Flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/693346-lunch-sea-msp-flights.html)

gsupstate May 15, 07 9:31 am

Lunch on SEA-MSP Flights?

Took MSP-PDX on 5/12 and lunch was either (some kind of) salad, or a Cobb salad wrap. I had the wrap, and it was surprisingly good.

Should I expect anything different on my SEA-MSP flight on 5/19? It's been a while since I flew FC, and thought the last time, there was a hot choice for lunch.

MKEbound May 15, 07 10:45 am

I haven't seen a hot choice during lunch for a while on domestic FC. Anybody?

CmdrThor May 15, 07 11:10 am

Originally Posted by MKEbound (Post 7740223)
I haven't seen a hot choice during lunch for a while on domestic FC. Anybody?

I had a hot sandwich for lunch on PHX-MEM.

jameskwon May 15, 07 11:59 am

On SEA-DTW,
They gave me a dish of
Coldcuts, Salad, gourmet bread, some fruits, and mintchoco browny.

which ends up DIY Sandwitch , Fruits(grapes, orange) and packed browny.

avidflyer May 15, 07 5:00 pm

Had a ham and provolone Pannini SFO-Msp (just landed). It was very good (and hot).

CloudsBelow May 17, 07 11:17 am

Originally Posted by jameskwon (Post 7740681)
On SEA-DTW,
They gave me a dish of
Coldcuts, Salad, gourmet bread, some fruits, and mintchoco browny.

which ends up DIY Sandwitch , Fruits(grapes, orange) and packed browny.

SAN - DTW :

Roast beef sandwich (cold)
or
Pasta salad.

Both came with grapes, brownie. Sanwich was alright.

jacksafar May 17, 07 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by gsupstate (Post 7739752)
Took MSP-PDX on 5/12 and lunch was either (some kind of) salad, or a Cobb salad wrap. I had the wrap, and it was surprisingly good.

Should I expect anything different on my SEA-MSP flight on 5/19? It's been a while since I flew FC, and thought the last time, there was a hot choice for lunch.

I flew on NW 160 today, the 10:30 am SEA-MSP flight (only because the scheduled 8:55am departure I was scheduled on was cancelled due to maintenence.

The choices were:
Hot Stuffed Baked Pasta with Marinara* ( I picked this)
or
Hot Chicken w/asian noodles/vegetables

Salad with 3 Kalamata olives, 2 tomato slices shredded cheddar w/balsamic dressing
Nice sizeable roll with butter
chocolate torte sliver with 1 strawberry
fruit cup with grapes, strawberry

Bago'peanuts May 17, 07 11:43 pm

On today's flight 805 MSP-SEA, there was a choice of southwestern salad or a Reuben sandwich. The salad came with a "side" of pasta salad and the Reuben was served with chips. Dessert was a large cookie.

SchmutzigMSP May 17, 07 11:55 pm

Do people really like the cobb salad wrap? Normally I'll eat almost anything thrown in front of me on a plane since I never know where/when my next meal is coming with delays, tight connections, etc. (This includes strange boiled "shrimp balls" on a SE Asian carrier). But I really dislike the cobb salad wrap. I found it so interesting how much I disliked it since, as I said earlier, I can usually accept and in many cases enjoy in-flight meals.

Anywho, the ravioli was excellent the last time I had it. For breakfast, the pancakes and sausage were actually quite good, and I, too, liked the pannini.

Manoa Chris May 18, 07 12:42 am

I agree -- can't stand the cobb wrap.