Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Itinerary Unification

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Itinerary Unification

I bought three different tickets (actually two and a ff ticket) I tried to have the tickets simplified by putting them on one itinerary, for simplified check in or maybe a fly now (stand by) change. I was told by the plat line that they were unable to do this. It seems to me that this would be very simple to do, since they can break up itineraries on request. So now I must individually input everyones ##'s in the kiosk. Has anyone experienced this and is this correct information.
Old May 3, 2007, 1:39 pm

Totally correct. FF tickets are booked in a different inventory; every passenger in a PNR has to be booked in the same fare bucket.

Additionally, while PNRs can be divided, they can't be joined.
Old May 3, 2007, 1:50 pm

You can have itineraries "linked together", though. This helps res. agents see that there are multiple people flying together, or multiple tickets that you intend to use like it's all one itinerary. It won't help as far as checking in for everyone in one motion, but in the case of weather/mechanical/crew delays, at least the agents would be able to see what you're trying to fly beyond your current segment.

To do this, just call NWA again and ask to have the itineraries with these PNRs "linked together".
Old May 3, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by TheTrustedTraveler
I bought three different tickets (actually two and a ff ticket) I tried to have the tickets simplified by putting them on one itinerary, for simplified check in or maybe a fly now (stand by) change. I was told by the plat line that they were unable to do this. It seems to me that this would be very simple to do, since they can break up itineraries on request. So now I must individually input everyones ##'s in the kiosk. Has anyone experienced this and is this correct information.
Have you thought about doing on line check in?

The only time I check in at a Kiosk, or with an agent, is when there's a problem with my reservations.

Also, depending on whether your checking luggage and how much, you might be able to put two bags on 'one ticket' and the third on a second. That saves time a the luggage counter !

Bob H
Old May 4, 2007, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Actually it wouldnt let me check in online for the ff ticket (i almost always check in online). It just seems odd that in this day and age of computers......

You would think unification of itins would be of more benefit to the airline

Anyway did the skycap check in after I saw the crazy 1/4 mile line to check in my luggage.

Crazy system they have at LAX terminal 2 isnt it it was worth it to pay $10 to skycap service rather than stand in a 30 minute luggage security line with a 2 year old in hand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.