Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Status Match / Elite Challenge to WorldPerks [CONSOLIDATED THREADS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

I called Worldperks and asked them if they will match my Exec Premier Status. They said I need to fax statement for the last two months showing my status and the flights I took and they will approve it.

It has been two weeks and has not happened yet.

Is there anyone who tried this?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
What status have they offered on NW?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by getmaxpoints
I called Worldperks and asked them if they will match my Exec Premier Status. They said I need to fax statement for the last two months showing my status and the flights I took and they will approve it.

It has been two weeks and has not happened yet.

Is there anyone who tried this?

That is how I came over from UAL. I did exactly the same thing and within a couple of weeks my worlperks account reflected "Platinum". I was 1K with united.

You should check your account and call the Woldperks number that you were given for a status if it has not yet happend. Did you clearly fly 50K EQM over the last year? I know they told me when I first called that if the majority of my EQM's were early in the year they would only do gold so they do look at very recent travel history relative the status you are looking for.

AvidFlyer
Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:43 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, NW Gold, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I applied back in March when my job required me to do SFO-MSP twice a month. I was 1K on United and sent in my history of flight activity to the NW fax number they provided. Within 4 days, I received an email saying that Platinum is never matched, but they would be happy to make me gold. I got a new card within a few days. In August, after 14 SFO-MSP legs, I got another letter welcoming me to NW Platinum. I did not fly enough segments/miles so I believe they look at the matches and upgrade you if you are consistantly flying the airline. That has been my experience. I prefer NW to UA since you do not have to use upgrades to upgrade, it just automatically happens. It's a great system. Too bad there is no non-stop NW SFO-ORD flight ;-)
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UALSFOGAL
I prefer NW to UA since you do not have to use upgrades to upgrade, it just automatically happens. It's a great system. Too bad there is no non-stop NW SFO-ORD flight ;-)
That is my biggest gripe with UA and AA.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

NWA Matched Status with UA

I am Premier Exec with UA and requested NWA to match status.They did match the status. However, it comes with a caveat - No bonus miles for being a Gold Member....
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:25 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Clearly UA and AA make money on their system so why offer more for free and lose revenue?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:30 pm

I am Premier Exec with UA and requested NWA to match status.They did match the status. However, it comes with a caveat - No bonus miles for being a Gold Member....

What bonus miles are you referring to? As a gold you get 100% bonus on all revenue flights.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
However, it comes with a caveat - No bonus miles for being a Gold Member....
What are you talking about!?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by UALSFOGAL
Too bad there is no non-stop NW SFO-ORD flight ;-)
You should consider AA (if you fly enough). All you have to do is make EXP and umlimitted free domestic upgrades, 8 international free upgrades, and a phone # that will make you forget NW.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I did the very thing that OP wants to do some 2 years ago, around November, if memory serves. Was a UA PremEx, though I was on track for only Premier for the current year. NW unexpectedly matched me at gold not only for the current year, but for the one after that. A gift. Maybe my timing was just good. The year with UA, BTW, was after CO pulled its 50% EQM stunt and lost me over that. I gave UA a fair chance, but ORD was really the only true hub they have from ATL (IAD is all RJs, and DEN and SFO have too few flights). Also had unexpected issues with website bookings and, most of all, sale-fare availability.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
You should consider AA (if you fly enough). All you have to do is make EXP and umlimitted free domestic upgrades, 8 international free upgrades, and a phone # that will make you forget NW.
I tried AA when I moved to MSN. I completed a PLT challenge -- iut was the quickest way to mid-tier elite status on any airline -- I hadn't traveled in 2+ years, so I had no status.

Unfortunately, I experienced too much of the hell that is ORD and the phrase "air traffic delay" for me. So I got comped to NW Gold from AA Platinum (both middle tier). And it's worked out much better for me. And I've earned PLT the last 2 years on NW.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
and a phone # that will make you forget NW.
I'd put the Platinum line from Northwest against any other elite number, except against perhaps the Global Services line, if they have one.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 1:53 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I'd put the Platinum line from Northwest against any other elite number, except against perhaps the Global Services line, if they have one.
^ ^ Platinum line is awesome, and NO silly menus to use --- just enter your number and pin, and the phone is answered promptly by "above average" telephone agents, IMHO.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
^ ^ Platinum line is awesome, and NO silly menus to use --- just enter your number and pin, and the phone is answered promptly by "above average" telephone agents, IMHO.
You are so giving me another reason to not take any bumps for the rest of the year, and fly my booked 76,000 EQMs (unless it's an MCO bump, which I can make up with a single ORD SR)...

Steve B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.