Interesting Upgrade *not me*

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA-SE; Hertz 5*
Interesting Upgrade *not me*

I was in 11D LAS - Det yesterday.

Guy in 11C, plane was done loading.

Another guy comes down aisle, says "lady out there said give this to you, your going up to first class and I'm taking your seat." He hands the guy in the seat a new BP, and away he goes to row 1.

Right or Wrong of the GA to give someone else's BP to another passenger?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: NWA, Spirit, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm surprised the second guy didn't use the first class BP for himself... maybe he was another NW employee so the GA felt comfortable handing him the BP for the other PAX?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Acutally the guy in 11B asked him why he didnt just sit up there.

Guy said 'I'm just honest'

Of course, we were in the exit row, which some of us that dont fly F consider 'not bad class'
Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
It could have been an EUA.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:16 am
Original Poster

The 'why' is not the issue.

The 'how' is questionable.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
While this is strange, I did standby for an earlier flight a couple weeks ago ORD-MSP. When GA started to clear the list, I was happy to be the first called (with about 25 others waiting). Seat was aisle about 24 rows back, but happy to get home early.

On nwa.com, shows I received the upgrade to R on this flight. Was going to send a TTU to get it corrected and get the PE UGG 1K miles, but let it go. Now, am thinking that someone else grabbed it (there were empty F seats on my way back to Y).

Don't have the actual BP anymore as it gets submitted with expense reports.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
This is indeed a situation that could suddenly induce early-onset Alzheimers on the part of the person given the boarding pass to deliver.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 9:19 pm

Might very well have been a non-rev passenger and when the F class seat opened up, the Elite was cleared to first and the non-rev assigned the seat of the upgraded passenger. GA likely too busy to leave the gate area at the time to go onto the A/C and move the passenger to the new seat...not really a big deal IMO.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
this has happened to me several times on CO, and at least once on NW. It saves the FA (or GA?) from a trip down the aisle. no biggie to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.