Meals on Airlink Flights?

Old Apr 16, 2007, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Meals on Airlink Flights?

Does NW Airlink not EVER serve meals onboard (even BOB??). I've been checking some sample itineraries (MEM-BOS, for instance) that are 3 hrs + flight times, and are plainly during main meal times, but the system keeps saying "none" for the meal.

Do Airlink flights not adhere to the same meal policies as mainline NW flights? I've seen mainline flights with shorter flight times list food at least being available for purchase. One wouldn't necessarily expect a hot meal on a CRJ, but at least a real BOB sandwich would be nice...
Old Apr 16, 2007, 6:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
There's no first class on Airlink. There's no comp meal service in coach on MSP-HNL, so why would there be food on MEM-BOS? Buy a pulled pork BBQ for $4 in MEM. It's way better (and cheaper) than the $5 brick sandwich NW sells on long mainline flights.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 6:57 am

didn't they used to serve food in the first class section of ARJ's? (which I never got the chance to fly)
Old Apr 16, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: NW WP (never an elite)
That made my day... the idea of meals on Airlink flights! Almost rolling on the floor laughing out loud.... Imagine it, meals on Airline flights.... ha, ha, ...ho, ho, ho.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
didn't they used to serve food in the first class section of ARJ's? (which I never got the chance to fly)
Does a bag of peanuts count?

<lol>

Bob H
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:58 am
Suspended

The CRJ-900s are being equipped for limited food service in F. Since they're taking over longer DC9 routes, I'd expect some type of service in F. There's no BOB sandwhiches in the Continental US, just Smart "Snacks."
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: NWA Platinum Elite, Million miler plus
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
Yes, they did indeed serve meals in F on the old ARJ's. I used to fly from DCA-DSM and it was a dinner flight. Loved those RJ85's, best pitch in F in the fleet at that time and best F/Y ratios. Agile plane with 4 engines, could land on a dime.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Point is, even if it's all coach, CO still serves "snacks" on mealtime ERJ flights from GSP to IAH and EWR. Just thought it odd that NW didn't do something similar on the 3-hr plus flights they fly.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gsupstate
Point is, even if it's all coach, CO still serves "snacks" on mealtime ERJ flights from GSP to IAH and EWR. Just thought it odd that NW didn't do something similar on the 3-hr plus flights they fly.
Well, you'd have a point if NW served snacks on 3-hour plus flights to begin with...
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:50 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
3 hour RJ flights should be outlawed!
Old Apr 17, 2007, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxf24
Well, you'd have a point if NW served snacks on 3-hour plus flights to begin with...
They at least have BOB trail mix and/or snack boxes.... Or at least they did DTW-FLL last year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.