Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Week bump run through NRT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Golden Week bump run through NRT

Anyone else headed out on one of these? Loads look good; seatcounter is only showing C/J on several of my segs now, and dummy bookings through NWA.COM are only possible into C inventory on the corresponding flights.

On the subject of transPac equipment, 744 has appeared HNL-NRT for 21 as well as 9. So now, how about similarly upgauging 883 to TUS?

RTS
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Anyone else headed out on one of these? Loads look good; seatcounter is only showing C/J on several of my segs now, and dummy bookings through NWA.COM are only possible into C inventory on the corresponding flights.

On the subject of transPac equipment, 744 has appeared HNL-NRT for 21 as well as 9. So now, how about similarly upgauging 883 to TUS?

RTS
If you reposted this in English, I might be able to understand...I don't get it.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:27 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Bump run
Translation: Booking a ticket with the hope of getting bumped and receiving compensation.

Anyone else headed out on one of these?
Anyone else headed out on one of these?

Loads look good
Full flights in coach.

seatcounter is only showing C/J on several of my segs now
Seats are available only in business class cabins on several of my booked flights. Coach is full.

dummy bookings through NWA.COM are only possible into C inventory on the corresponding flights.
After pretending to book a ticket on nwa.com in order to check what seats are open, I have determined that only business class tickets are available for purchase. Thus, coach is oversold, increasing my chances of being bumped and therefore compensated.

On the subject of transPac equipment
Planes used on trans-Pacific flights.

744 has appeared HNL-NRT for 21 as well as 9.
The 747-400s now operate between Hawaii and Tokyo on flight numbers 21 as well as 9.

So now, how about similarly upgauging 883 to TUS?
The plane used on flight 883 to Tucson is, alas, somewhat smaller and lacking in amenities.

RTS
I am awesome.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by hoyateach
Translation: The plane used on flight 883 to Tulsa is, alas, somewhat smaller and lacking in amenities.
Hoyateach!! You don't know 883 without looking it up? A seasoned redtailflier like you! Tsk. That's TUS...not TUL. Give those TUL customers the RJ, and me the 744. Hell I'm not greedy even a 333 would do.

I am awesome.
I'm glad you recognize this fact

So, anyone else bump-running through NRT during Golden Week?

RTS
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL SM
So, anyone else bump-running through NRT during Golden Week?
I even live in Japan and couldn't figure out what "GW" meant initially.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

This is what happens after a few years of FT membership and participation in D10 retirement flights and PC meetings with our blueandgoldtail brethren and so on. With embarrassment I see that I've become ONE OF THEM!! ABUSERS OF THE ARGOT!

No more plain English for me! We can talk much more efficiently like this.
330.00 NUC IAD x/DTT MSP TUS OK 167.50 etc

RTS
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Originally Posted by hoyateach
I am awesome.
I met redtailshark in the MSP G WC last week and I must say he does seem semi-awesome.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
That reads off llike the pricing line off a ticket...
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
744 has appeared HNL-NRT for 21 as well as 9.
Are there times they do HNL-NRT on something else? 330? I've only done it on 744s.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:05 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Hoyateach!! You don't know 883 without looking it up? A seasoned redtailflier like you! Tsk. That's TUS...not TUL. Give those TUL customers the RJ, and me the 744. Hell I'm not greedy even a 333 would do.
Yeah, I figured out it as you were posting, apparently. I've never been to TUS (or TUL for that matter). I'll have the whole system memorized someday soon...
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Are there times they do HNL-NRT on something else? 330? I've only done it on 744s.
742. When they pushed 21 back from 11.30am to 3.00pm this spring it grew to 744.

RTS
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
742. When they pushed 21 back from 11.30am to 3.00pm this spring it grew to 744.
That's because they're phasing the 742s out, have 4 or fewer non-742F ones still flying, and use those mostly for NRT-GUM and Saipan and charter work.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Memorable quotes for
Airplane! (1980)

First Jive Dude: .... man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.
First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?
Second Jive Dude: UH...
First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.
Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.
First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em
First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

Does anyone speak Jive???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:12 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
OK, and for those of us who have not lived in Japan... when/what exactly is Gold Week? Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by nomad1974
OK, and for those of us who have not lived in Japan... when/what exactly is Gold Week? Thanks
Golden Week. It's that time of year here in Japan where I'd rather not be traveling, as everyone else is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.