Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

What to do to get Delta original routing to post

Old Feb 19, 07, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Gold, HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Delta Silver

Was flying some back to back Delta SYR-SEAs, with ATL in the middle.

There was weather in SYR one day and the G/A asked for volunteers. A friend and I volunteered and were rerouted ATL-JFK-SEA, instead of ATL-SYR-ATL-SEA.

Any chance I can get the original routing credit from Delta for my NW account? If so, who do I contact. So far, 3 segments also didn't show up and I faxed the NW Plat desk this morning. The 3 segments showed up this afternoon. I asked for the original routing credit in the same fax, but that didn't show up.

The difference in mileage is minimal (like 900 EQMs at 150% for B fare), but I'll make Gold after my next flight with the original routing credit. Otherwise, I'll need an 800+ mile MR to get Gold before an upcoming trip to London.
Old Feb 19, 07, 9:23 pm

You need to fax the original boarding passes to Northwest and they will post the original segments. It's a long process but they will do it...
Old Feb 19, 07, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
It's a bit riskier with a VDB situation, because NW has been known to reply with "but you asked to be re-routed on ...".

I always fax my letter & supporting documentation to the toll-free fax # on our Plat cards. This is an example from a VDB situation on DL:

Request for Original Mileage after Oct. 16 Reroute Due to Bump

MikeMpls WorldPerk’s Account # xxx xxx xxx (Platinum Elite)
WifeMpls WorldPerk’s Account # xxx xxx xxx xxx (Silver Elite)

We were originally scheduled to fly 2 segments on Delta on Oct. 16:

DL 3768 STL-SLC departing at 2:30 p.m. (1156 miles)
DL 1272 SLC-MSP departing at 5:35 p.m. (991 miles)

Instead we were bumped and rerouted STL-CVG-MSP.

We are requesting the mileage for our original DL routing. Please withdraw the mileage for the STL-CVG-MSP routing on Oct. 16 and credit us for the mileage for the DL flights on our original itinerary, specifically:

For MikeMpls, account # xxx xxx xxx , conf. code # xxxxxx, ticket # 006-xxxxxxxxxx:

Qualifying miles: 2147
Banked miles: 2147
100% Platinum elite bonus: 2147

For WifeMpls, account # xxx xxx xxx xxx, conf. code xxxxxx, ticket # 006-xxxxxxxxxx:

25% silver elite bonus: 537

Attached is the documentation for the itinerary:

(1) MikeMpls' original DL itinerary xxxxxx
(2) NW copy (yyyyyy) of xxxxxx
(3) WifeMpls' DL original itinerary xxxxxx
(4) NW copy (yyyyyy) of xxxxxx
(5) DL revised itinerary cards
(6) DL boarding passes
(7) DL voucher receipts

WifeMpls especially was counting on this mileage to reach Gold! Thank you for your assistance & consideration.

MikeMpls
Oct. 18, 2006

Weather in SYR? You mean, for example, ten feet of snow?
Old Feb 20, 07, 4:07 am

We'll see too, this is actully occuring to me this morning. I was suposed to fly DTW-CVG-MKE but my DTW-CVG was cancelled. I called DL's international reservations line (always good luck talking to them) and asked what happened. They rerouted me on another DL flight but I was going to miss my morning meeting in MKE. DL ended up getting me a Y class ticket on NW for this morning after i used KVS and gave the DL rep all the info.

I'd like the original Delta 1000 EQM to post. Northwest will be posting 500EQM plus 250EQM for Y class I'm sure. I plan on trying the letter to see what happens after all of it.
Old Feb 20, 07, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Excellent sample letter. I will fax and let you know what happens. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
It's a bit riskier with a VDB situation, because NW has been known to reply with "but you asked to be re-routed on ...".

I always fax my letter & supporting documentation to the toll-free fax # on our Plat cards. This is an example from a VDB situation on DL:

Request for Original Mileage after Oct. 16 Reroute Due to Bump

MikeMpls WorldPerk’s Account # xxx xxx xxx (Platinum Elite)
WifeMpls WorldPerk’s Account # xxx xxx xxx xxx (Silver Elite)

We were originally scheduled to fly 2 segments on Delta on Oct. 16:

DL 3768 STL-SLC departing at 2:30 p.m. (1156 miles)
DL 1272 SLC-MSP departing at 5:35 p.m. (991 miles)

Instead we were bumped and rerouted STL-CVG-MSP.

We are requesting the mileage for our original DL routing. Please withdraw the mileage for the STL-CVG-MSP routing on Oct. 16 and credit us for the mileage for the DL flights on our original itinerary, specifically:

For MikeMpls, account # xxx xxx xxx , conf. code # xxxxxx, ticket # 006-xxxxxxxxxx:

100% Platinum elite bonus: 2147

For WifeMpls, account # xxx xxx xxx xxx, conf. code xxxxxx, ticket # 006-xxxxxxxxxx:

25% silver elite bonus: 537

Attached is the documentation for the itinerary:

(1) MikeMpls' original DL itinerary xxxxxx
(2) NW copy (yyyyyy) of xxxxxx
(3) WifeMpls' DL original itinerary xxxxxx
(4) NW copy (yyyyyy) of xxxxxx
(5) DL revised itinerary cards
(6) DL boarding passes
(7) DL voucher receipts

WifeMpls especially was counting on this mileage to reach Gold! Thank you for your assistance & consideration.

MikeMpls
Oct. 18, 2006

Weather in SYR? You mean, for example, ten feet of snow?
Old Feb 20, 07, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver
Sample letter is great. I kept mine much simpler than that and have always received the correct mileage posting eventually. You may also need to include the original purchase receipt...in the past, all I've had to send in was that along with the new boarding passes and have received credit.
Old Feb 20, 07, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divrdrew View Post
.in the past, all I've had to send in was that along with the new boarding passes and have received credit.
I guarantee I don't have all the boarding passes. Actually, all I had I turned in when the reroute was ticketed. So, I'll need to go with the original itinerary.
Old Feb 20, 07, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by Bikeguy View Post
I guarantee I don't have all the boarding passes. Actually, all I had I turned in when the reroute was ticketed. So, I'll need to go with the original itinerary.
I'm obsessive (typical FT attribute) about retaining documentation. I always ask to keep them.

When I do OLCI from work, I print two copies. When I do OLCI from elsewhere, I use SnagIt to print to a TIFF file.
Old Feb 22, 07, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Well, it worked. Thanks for the awesome form letter. I just filled in the blanks.

Search this Thread