FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Earthlink TruVoice Promotion Difficulties (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/659506-earthlink-truvoice-promotion-difficulties.html)

IndigoEyes Feb 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Earthlink TruVoice Promotion Difficulties

I signed up for the NWA Earthlink TruVoice (Earthlink's version of the Internet Phone - Similar to Vonage) Promotion around June last year, and still have not received my SignUp Bonus mileage, nor the month-to-month usage miles.

I have placed 3 calls to the TruVoice Customer Service, each time being promised and escalation to NWA AND a callback. I have received no communications at all. By the the way, EL TV Customer Service is abominable, maybe the worst in the industry, everything is outsourced to the Phillipines.

Anyway, has anyone else who signed up for the Promotion actually received any WP points, or are you experiencing any similar difficulties? Please share your experiences - thanks!

IE

CaveatEmpty Feb 13, 2007 5:22 am

How long since you've 'asked for advice' from WP? Call 'em up & ask how to proceed (actually a thinly disguised complaint, but remember it's not their fault -- be nice.)

Some of those partners can be real slugs. They already got your money & have little incentive to spend any of it on miles ~ until NWA starts talking 'breach of contract'.

BT-DT-GTM (thanks Russ !) :D

Good Luck
/.

ashaboe Feb 13, 2007 5:31 am

I guess I better start "hounding" them for my miles early/now ... signed up under the 25k bonus miles promo in Aug/Sep.

IndigoEyes Feb 13, 2007 8:02 am

Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty (Post 7213746)
How long since you've 'asked for advice' from WP? Call 'em up & ask how to proceed (actually a thinly disguised complaint, but remember it's not their fault -- be nice.)

Some of those partners can be real slugs. They already got your money & have little incentive to spend any of it on miles ~ until NWA starts talking 'breach of contract'.

BT-DT-GTM (thanks Russ !) :D

Good Luck
/.

I've been hesitant to talk to WP, because in the past (for other WP partners)I've simply been told that the complaint must originate with the partner. I was able to have a new 'case' opened last night with TruVoice; if that hasn't progressed in a couple of weeks I will definitely be calling WP.

To that end, you are absolutely right, I feel that TruVoice could not care less whether or not I get my miles. Incidentally, I hate the phone service - I gave up Vonage to get TruVoice just for the WP miles. I'm beginning to realize I made a mistake

evarevice Aug 31, 2007 4:33 pm

I signed up for the 25K promotion and have never received any points. Called and tried to ask them to check. Operator didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Said that he woul submit a request. Nothing. Very frustrating. I'll try talking to NW. Any advice? Anybody get any points?

MisterNice Sep 1, 2007 6:07 am

Earthlink is having major problems and is laying off 900 staff and cancelling contracts (San Francisco, Philly?). I would cancel any business dealings now before more problems arise.

MisterNice