Worldperks Asia??

Old Feb 12, 07, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Worldperks Asia??

I'm sitting in the Amsterdam Airport and wanted to try to go to KLM's lounge but it requires a WorldPerks Asia gold elite membership. I've got a regular old gold elite. How does one obtain WorldPerks Asia (I fly to and from frequently).

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 07, 3:00 am

Easy...you live in Asia.
Old Feb 12, 07, 3:19 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Asian golds get free worldclub access, since they don't really benefits from US domestic upgrades as much as us US based golds...Seems quite fair to me.
Old Feb 12, 07, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Fair enough

But, what if I live in Asia half or more of the year? Possible to become a Worldperks Asia member then? Thanks, Vic (f you can direct me to the appropriate website to get more information, that would be helpful.)
Old Feb 12, 07, 4:40 am

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
Originally Posted by vgetz View Post
But, what if I live in Asia half or more of the year? Possible to become a Worldperks Asia member then? Thanks, Vic (f you can direct me to the appropriate website to get more information, that would be helpful.)
Call your local NW call center (or do it on nwa.com), change the address on your record then request a new card from nwa.com.
Old Feb 12, 07, 5:17 am

Of course you can change your membership to be Asia based. Keep in mind, though, that you will lose eligibility for participation in lots of promotions that those of us that live in Asia are not eligible for. You will have to decide whether having access to World Clubs is enough for you in trade for not being able to participate in some of the promotions...there are some for Asia, but not as many as for US residents.

Have a browse around http://www.nwa.com/alliance/ ...just pick the country you live in. https://www.nwa.com/asia/en/freqfly/...ddrchange.html is where you can change your address.
Old Feb 12, 07, 11:15 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Also those that live in Hawaii get upgrade certificates to use between HI and the mainland. Not sure how many or the details of what tickets can be used, but seems fair as well. Does CO/DL have such variations?
Old Feb 12, 07, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the second you change your address, you are good to go. and, you can change it back anytime you want.

mod: feel free to delete this post if you think i'm exposing a loophole that doesn't warrant attention from the corporate folks.
Old Feb 12, 07, 11:52 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I have no problem with this thread... the only caveat is that if you have an "asian" address listed and aren't living there... it is possible that they may audit your account... All I can say is that they do look at "asia address hoppers" with a little more scruitany due to abuse of the benefit

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
the second you change your address, you are good to go. and, you can change it back anytime you want.

mod: feel free to delete this post if you think i'm exposing a loophole that doesn't warrant attention from the corporate folks.
Old Feb 13, 07, 4:18 pm

Also note that if you have an Asian address at NWA, it is difficult to use the NWA US website to purchase tickets. NWA's US website will sell tickets only if the purchaser (not necessarily the passenger) has a US address. Perhaps a friend or family member will let you use their account to purchase tickets for yourself, or you can use a third party service (Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.) to purchase the ticket. (Sometimes the US website has better prices than the respective Asian website.)

Although most Americans living in Asia have a US driver's license, I have heard of one World Club questioning people with Asian World Perks cards using US driver's licenses for ID at the club -- so it may be better to use your passport for ID.

Originally Posted by Kakjapan View Post
Of course you can change your membership to be Asia based. Keep in mind, though, that you will lose eligibility for participation in lots of promotions that those of us that live in Asia are not eligible for. You will have to decide whether having access to World Clubs is enough for you in trade for not being able to participate in some of the promotions...there are some for Asia, but not as many as for US residents.

Have a browse around http://www.nwa.com/alliance/ ...just pick the country you live in. https://www.nwa.com/asia/en/freqfly/...ddrchange.html is where you can change your address.
Old Feb 13, 07, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by 70Jaguar View Post
NWA's US website will sell tickets only if the purchaser (not necessarily the passenger) has a US address.
Actually, all that matters for using the US site is that you use a credit card with a US billing address, same goes for using the Asia based sites to buy, you must use a C/C with an Asia billing address. I am based in Asia and my WP account has an Asia address, but I use both the Singapore and US websites depending on which has a better deal and better availability (and as I've noted on several threads there are some differences).
Old Feb 13, 07, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by stephem View Post
Actually, all that matters for using the US site is that you use a credit card with a US billing address, same goes for using the Asia based sites to buy, you must use a C/C with an Asia billing address. I am based in Asia and my WP account has an Asia address, but I use both the Singapore and US websites depending on which has a better deal and better availability (and as I've noted on several threads there are some differences).
They don't even care about your credit card billing address, at least not in Japan. I sometimes use a Japanese Saison with my Japanese address card for booking, and sometimes I use a US AMEX card with my US address card for booking, always on the Japan site.

Search this Thread