Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Decoding the meal formula (when do we eat?) on domestic flights.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Decoding the meal formula (when do we eat?) on domestic flights.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Lunch/Dinner

Maybe this was a snack, but we got a choice of Chicken Cob Salad or a Veggie Wrap today on flight 97 MSP-SEA. But time frame was 2:35-4:15 PM, so according to Thezipper, we should have only got a snack. Or was that what is was?

Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by rtarbuck
Maybe this was a snack, but we got a choice of Chicken Cob Salad or a Veggie Wrap today on flight 97 MSP-SEA. But time frame was 2:35-4:15 PM, so according to Thezipper, we should have only got a snack. Or was that what is was?

I believe those are technically labeled meals... though many would disagree...

If you left at 2:35pm (local), and arrived at 4:15pm (local), you would have arrived at 7:15pm MSP time (correct?), which would fall inside the meal window? Wow, talk about confusing... meal time is based on local times for the departure location, no matter which way the plane is heading (including west).

Steve B.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by rtarbuck

Today on MEM-LAX, departing about 2:40pm, arriving 4:50pm (or so), the itinerary said 'snack' for FC, but at the gate it said meal.

It was a choice of meals (lunch). Choice was a turkey and cheese baguette, with chips, the cookie and . . . (I think something else, didn't have it) or veggie salad w/ roll, small fruit salad, and the cookie.

So I'm still confused. That seems like the regular lunch to me.

TD
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jjvan
They do, when they work.
Given, the DC-9 itself works - just joking of course.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:01 am

I just flew an MR DTW/PHX with a red eye turnaround. The DTW-PHX run left at 7:40PM. It was a four and a half hour flight with no meal in first. The FA said they stopped meals a few months ago. But of course you could buy snack boxes in coach. There were people in first asking the FA for snack boxes and buying them. If NW is selling the snack boxes then they should be serving a meal... That's just crazy!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:45 am

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RocketR
I just flew an MR DTW/PHX with a red eye turnaround. The DTW-PHX run left at 7:40PM. It was a four and a half hour flight with no meal in first. The FA said they stopped meals a few months ago. But of course you could buy snack boxes in coach. There were people in first asking the FA for snack boxes and buying them. If NW is selling the snack boxes then they should be serving a meal... That's just crazy!
On that flight they should not have been selling the boxes. We are only to sell them on flights when there is a meal in F. There is no meal on that flight as it is outside the meal times.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 3:55 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by RocketR
Welcome to NW261... the turnaround red-eye MR people forget about. And no meal service! I dipped heavily into this K-special... not the same EQMs as LAS/LAX, but an MR is an MR. And every time, stopped for sushi by A36. No food on this flight. It just is.

Originally Posted by jjvan
On that flight they should not have been selling the boxes. We are only to sell them on flights when there is a meal in F. There is no meal on that flight as it is outside the meal times.
Then someone should be updated, as the last (4) NW261 MRs all had different crews, and all were serving the snack box in coach. "Good evening... tonight we will be serving the red snack box, which can be reviewed on page 104 of this month's issue of the inflight travel magazine, in the seatback pocket in front of you"...

Steve B.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:06 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Welcome to NW261... the turnaround red-eye MR people forget about. And no meal service! I dipped heavily into this K-special... not the same EQMs as LAS/LAX, but an MR is an MR. And every time, stopped for sushi by A36.
IMHO, Sushi purchased at DTW and Vodka supplied by NWA is the best inflight meal --- I would take this over ANY catered domestic First meal.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Going to be on flight 323, BWI to MEM, flight duration 2 h 31 m, departs 5:11 PM. Why no meal service in First???

Northwest Airlines 323

Booking Class: P / First Class
Meal: none
Equipment: 319
2hr 31min
5:11pm Depart Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
6:42pm Arrive Memphis (MEM)
Approximate Distance: 786 miles
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
Never expect a hot meal on a NW DC9, if you are scheduled on this a/c and have a meal it will be a cold salad or cold sandwich.

RC
I just flew the following flight and had the warm teriyaki chicken. They also had a cold pasta salad option.

Date: Tuesday, February 20 Flight: NW 859
Departs: New Orleans-Moisant Int'l, LA (MSY) at 5:45PM
Arrives: Minneapolis/St. Paul-Int'l, MN (MSP) at 8:36PM
Class of Service: First Class (F) Seat: XX-XX
Flight Duration: 2 hours 51 minutes Approximate Miles: 1,041
Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas DC9-30
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by BallyLoser
I just flew the following flight and had the warm teriyaki chicken. They also had a cold pasta salad option.

Date: Tuesday, February 20 Flight: NW 859
Departs: New Orleans-Moisant Int'l, LA (MSY) at 5:45PM
Arrives: Minneapolis/St. Paul-Int'l, MN (MSP) at 8:36PM
Class of Service: First Class (F) Seat: XX-XX
Flight Duration: 2 hours 51 minutes Approximate Miles: 1,041
Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas DC9-30
That's 20 minutes longer than mine - did your itinerary show that there was meal service?

NW website says flights during mealtime that are 2 hours long (doesn't say this is actual flight time) get service - doesn't appear they actually follow this though.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by GrizShel
That's 20 minutes longer than mine - did your itinerary show that there was meal service?

NW website says flights during mealtime that are 2 hours long (doesn't say this is actual flight time) get service - doesn't appear they actually follow this though.
The actual flight time was 02h 14m. It had a meal listed in the res.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.