FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   SAN today here is a good one (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/657065-san-today-here-good-one.html)

hnewman Feb 6, 2007 2:39 pm

SAN today here is a good one

Arrive at SAN today for 188. Check the board, nothing, check gates and 24 says 188 on time. At 13:25 call Plat. line to ask when the inbound would arrive and they said they called SAN and it would leave from gate 22. It then dawns on me that I am at 24. Check the board still nothing. Go to 22 and they are de-planeing and nothing on the board. I tell the gate agent and she say "well it is on your boarding pass" in broken English. I say it is not given I did OLCI yesterday. I tell them they ought to go down to 24. It looked like I was asking them carry 50Lb sack.

You have to love these replacements. :td: :td:

Very sad as SAN used to be great and have great people. :(

DanTravels Feb 6, 2007 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman (Post 7170434)
Arrive at SAN today for 188. Check the board, nothing, check gates and 24 says 188 on time. At 13:25 call Plat. line to ask when the inbound would arrive and they said they called SAN and it would leave from gate 22. It then dawns on me that I am at 24. Check the board still nothing. Go to 22 and they are de-planeing and nothing on the board. I tell the gate agent and she say "well it is on your boarding pass" in broken English. I say it is not given I did OLCI yesterday. I tell them they ought to go down to 24. It looked like I was asking them carry 50Lb sack.

So... when did it arrive, at which gate, and when did it leave, from what gate? I'm all mixed up. :)

hnewman Feb 6, 2007 3:49 pm

Response

Originally Posted by DanTravels (Post 7170662)
So... when did it arrive, at which gate, and when did it leave, from what gate? I'm all mixed up. :)

I arrived at gate 22 not posted about 15 minutes last. It left from gate 22 even though gate 24 had it posted leaving from it. It was not posted on the main boards. I am currently sitting on the flight with bathrooms not working. I need to get home as I leave for vacation in the AM. The redeye from LAX sounds like my only choice.

rzesz1r Feb 6, 2007 4:09 pm

same thing at sna

Same thing at sna, new agents didn't know what they were doing.
They were on the phone for 20 mins with someone trying to check me in.

DTW-HomeyFour Feb 7, 2007 5:50 am

Originally Posted by hnewman (Post 7170866)
I arrived at gate 22 not posted about 15 minutes last.

Sounds like the GA is not the only one who is speaking in broken English. :rolleyes:

wask Feb 7, 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by DTW-HomeyFour (Post 7174316)
Sounds like the GA is not the only one who is speaking in broken English. :rolleyes:

Hey, what's wrong with it.
That's the way english is spoken and written in US of A.:D

GG Feb 7, 2007 11:38 pm

Sounds like a mess. I also miss the old agents, although there are a couple of new counter agents who are very nice and hopefully will be fine as they gain experience. But the new GAs... well, there's a ways to go there.

Bathrooms not working??? Hardly the ground crew's fault, but that's pretty problematic for the length of flight.

Lesson here is: 188 is the last of the day out of SAN for NW, and if it goes wrong, you're pretty screwed. Best avoided if possible for that reason.