Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NWA flight returns to BIS with mechanical problem

Old Feb 6, 07, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...a/16626730.htm

I would assume that the "flap problems" would be that they would not retract. Does BIS still have DC-9 service or is this a CRJ?
Old Feb 6, 07, 6:45 am

The current BIS schedule is operated with 3 CRJs and 3 A319/320. This was a CRJ.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited by win1300; Feb 6, 07 at 6:52 am
Old Feb 6, 07, 11:39 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I was trying to figure out what Butt In Seat had to do with a mechanical problem, but then figured out this post was talking about Bismarck...
Old Feb 6, 07, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Many would never even think of going to BIS, let alone RETURNING!
Old Feb 7, 07, 7:52 am

Programs: NW SE; USAwys Gold
Hey now, some of us have to fly to BIS or MOT (Minot) due to the location of family. Actually, have met some of the friendliest people working at BIS. From curb to the GA.
Old Feb 7, 07, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Originally Posted by AICPLanner View Post
Hey now, some of us have to fly to BIS or MOT (Minot) due to the location of family. Actually, have met some of the friendliest people working at BIS. From curb to the GA.
Plus the new airport in rather nice. BIS is not too bad of a place, there are worse places to visit in ND. There are some hills there, and the river makes for a nice diversion.
Old Feb 7, 07, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Why not, Minot! Great places to visit. Oh, and if you happen to drive HWY 2 from Minot to Grand Forks don't forget to visit the experimental forest along the way(not kidding!) You can also count the telephone poles too! Used to drive the big circle alot (Fargo-Bismarck-Minot-Grand Forks.) Least I forget to mention the geographical center of North America in Rugby, ND (yes, HWY 2 again!) of course this claim to fame can be debated. Just so dam many things to see! And don't forget there's a big bag of money buried under the snow near a fence along side a road somewhere out there!

I have never flown in to either airport, but I am sure the folks are friendly!
Old Feb 8, 07, 8:20 pm

Wink

Why not Minot? Freezin's the reason!

Actually, I was at the BIS airport this summer and it is nice!
Old Feb 9, 07, 12:32 pm

[QUOTE=Wildman;7180101] And don't forget there's a big bag of money buried under the snow near a fence along side a road somewhere out there! QUOTE]

Okay I'll bite! What bag of money?
Old Feb 9, 07, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by jimc_usa View Post
Okay I'll bite! What bag of money?
Fargo not Bismark. I'm not sure there's much difference, but North Dakotans would probably be offended.
Old Feb 10, 07, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
Originally Posted by norske View Post
Why not Minot?
MOT has the highest % of non-rev. flights of any Northwest city.
It can be tough to get award tix out of here.

Reason: Northwests' customer care call center is located here.
Old Feb 10, 07, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler View Post
Fargo not Bismark. I'm not sure there's much difference, but North Dakotans would probably be offended.
Ya u betcha, yep me thinks they drove toward that there town. Yep Bismarck, to hid that there money. Ya know, from the movie Fargo! Yeah, I know.

(you do know that a person actually froze to death looking for the money.)
Old Feb 10, 07, 4:18 pm

Since I bought it up, did a little search and came up with it:
from Gauntlet article titled, "Hollywood Rewrites History."

Fargo and graves

What's shown on the screen isn't reality. It's filtered and biased. That doesn't mean such films lack value but that audiences should think about what they see and not believe so easily.

Consider this. The first minute of the film Fargo says:

"This is a true story. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred."

When a movie starts with a passage like that, don't always assume it's true. In fact, the story behind Fargo is entirely from the minds of the Coen brothers, and they admit to it. In other words, there is no million dollars buried by the side of a highway as the movie suggests. One woman, Takako Konishi, flew all the way from Japan late last year to search for the buried loot. She wasn't prepared for the cold weather and froze to death in her search. She actually visited a police station first, asking for assistance, but the best efforts of the officers couldn't dissuade Konishi from her search.

In other words, those who don't know their history are doomed to believe Hollywood movies--or end up looking for Leonardo DiCaprio's grave.
Old Feb 11, 07, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier, NW Silver, Official Gopher Hater
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Why not, Minot! Great places to visit. Oh, and if you happen to drive HWY 2 from Minot to Grand Forks don't forget to visit the experimental forest along the way(not kidding!) You can also count the telephone poles too! Used to drive the big circle alot (Fargo-Bismarck-Minot-Grand Forks.) Least I forget to mention the geographical center of North America in Rugby, ND (yes, HWY 2 again!) of course this claim to fame can be debated.
I have never flown in to either airport, but I am sure the folks are friendly!
I've been in Grand Forks for two and a half years now, and seriously, I don't think I've ever been west of the airport on Hwy. 2 (let alone anywhere west of I-29). Hills are overrated . Spend a couple winters here, deal with North Dakotans, and you'll develop a strong distaste for the state. I can honestly say that you couldn't pay me enough money to stay here much longer. As for the NW employees here, very friendly and accomodating, indeed.

Search this Thread