Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Worldperks miles flying on SkyWest through Delta?

Old Feb 5, 07, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

I just booked a flight from San Diego to Salt Lake City on Delta (the only non-stop flight available) and had to call them to make sure that I got credit on Northwest, but when I looked on my itinerary I found that the flights are operated by SkyWest for Delta. I can't change them due to their policies (and the flights fit my schedule anyway) but will I still get credit for these flights?

Also, I'm very glad that I've chosen Northwest as the airline I normally fly. I'd much rather speak to the reservation guys (at Northwest's call center) that I can understand.

Chris
Old Feb 5, 07, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Yes, you'll get credit. Make sure WP # is in res, and on your boarding passes.
Old Feb 5, 07, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. By any chance, do you know if I can upgrade to coach choice seats without doing online check in? I have a flight in a few weeks where my first leg is through American but the rest are on NW.

Thanks again,

Chris
Old Feb 6, 07, 12:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by cnrussell View Post
Thanks. By any chance, do you know if I can upgrade to coach choice seats without doing online check in? I have a flight in a few weeks where my first leg is through American but the rest are on NW.

Thanks again,

Chris
I don't think DL has anything like NW's coach-choice - particularly on SkyWest flights. They will allow NW elites to get elite seating / zone 3 boarding order but it can be a pain to get setup. Most of the offshore reps don't seem to know about Skyteam Elite benefits.
Old Feb 6, 07, 12:24 am

Programs: DL, AA
Yes, it is a flight operated for Delta, and is considered to be operated by Delta for Worldperks purposes.

Assuming that you have elite status and are trying to get the choice seats for free, try a) changing seats within the 24 hour period, if you have elite status, or b) calling NW before you fly to change into the choice seats, if nwa.com isn't letting you for some reason.

If you don't have elite status, then you might as well try to get them online via seat selection within the 24 hour period, but I don't know if it will work or not, sorry. Can any non-elites comment on this?

Good luck.
Old Feb 6, 07, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Sorry - I was kind of unclear. The first flight I have is Northwest with a codeshare on American Eagle, but they only let me check in with American (so obviously doing an upgrade through their computer won't work) - this is the one I would like to upgrade before I go to the airport to check in.

I'm not concerned with the Delta flight as the agent was able to book me an exit row on the way back.

I'm not NW elite yet, but hopefully by June I should have silver.

Search this Thread