Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA Award ticket question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:26 am
Original Poster

MIA Award ticket question

Booked award tix yesterday in F to MIA for June.
The outbound flites are horrible-leaving SEA at 7am via CVG and ATL arriving in MIA at 12:15am on DL.
I go to DL's website and look at award availability as guest (no FF#) and see flites via SCL and ATL that would get us in at 8pm at 45k miles per person.
I called NW Elite line and they see no availability. I've been told that DL uses R for F awards, and I see the flites on their website. I atttempted to use the "change itin" online, but it got me nowhere- only showed NW flites from SLC to ATL.
Any input would be appreciated. We have to drive to the Keys after we get in and 12:15 am is gonna hurt.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
NW availability will be different than what you can see on DL. You can keep trying as the availability is likely to change as time goes on.

Suggest you stay near the airport and drive down the next morning well rested. That road is no fun in the dark and you miss a lot of the sights as well! By the time you get luggage in MIA and a rental car, it could be close to 2AM. Shuttle to a hotel and get the car the next AM!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks- we decided to stay in Florida City and drive down the next morning.
I gotta say DL's website is much easier for booking award tkts. Lets me see availability for each direction and award level available for each flite. I search by schedule on NW and get the "one or more flites not available" making me guess which one isn't available.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Starwood platinum, Hertz PC
talk the agent through the protocols

I have often found that if I can talk an agent through alternatives, s/he finds availability. The Chisholm agents are excellent at this. Usually I don't even need to ask. Try not to call WP after midnight Central. I tend to get skills-challanged agents who have difficulty with English after midnight.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I've been calling- so far nada. One agent said "I can get you into ATL at 6pm, but the only flite available to MIA is at 6:20, so that won't work"> I asked her how about we go out to MIA on the first am flite- no go as that would be a stopover- not allowed
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by frankc98376
I gotta say DL's website is much easier for booking award tkts. Lets me see availability for each direction and award level available for each flite. I search by schedule on NW and get the "one or more flites not available" making me guess which one isn't available.
I feel your pain. CO.com is better as well (in my lowly base member opinion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.