FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Don't forget to get proof of secondary screening! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/656372-dont-forget-get-proof-secondary-screening.html)

GUWonder Feb 5, 2007 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 7164105)
C'mon, the TSA is stupid, but not that stupid.

The only time I have ever received boarding passes with SSSSS have been at kiosks, as they won't print online (because then all you would have to do would be to use the technique of your choice to get rid of the SSSS from the home-printed boarding pass.)

The TSA is so brilliant that people can use "the technique of your choice" -- or, more likely, someone else's -- "to get rid of the SSSS from the home-printed boarding pass" or achieve an indistinguishable result.

BigFlyer Feb 5, 2007 6:38 pm

My understanding is that if you are an SSSSS you can't do OLCI - has anyone ever printed a boarding pass at home when they were SSSSS?

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 7164282)
The TSA is so brilliant that people can use "the technique of your choice" -- or, more likely, someone else's -- "to get rid of the SSSS from the home-printed boarding pass" or achieve an indistinguishable result.

GUWonder Feb 5, 2007 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 7164423)
My understanding is that if you are an SSSSS you can't do OLCI - has anyone ever printed a boarding pass at home when they were SSSSS?

A haraSSSSment selectee is not supposed to be able to do OLCI-PYOBP, idiotic as that "barrier" is since it's a flag to someone that they are likely flagged and is consequently largely self-defeating as a procedure.

In any event, you may still be able to buy a refundable ticket on another carrier print out a boarding pass, get airside and then get the airline agent to print out a boarding pass for you.

Alternatively buying another ticket on the same flight in someone else's name -- for example, let's say Michael Chertoff or Kip Hawley's name -- check in online and print one boarding as is and print another with an "alteration" to have the name match the name on the ID. Clear the security checkpoint with the "alteration" and once airside travel as, say, Michael Chertoff or Kip Hawley.

This works for domestic flights.

DHS/TSA, geniuses, right? Or, "Michael Chertoff/Kip Hawley is an idiot"? You decide.

SpinzCity Feb 5, 2007 8:37 pm

>>>Is getting the SSSS random?

This happened to me too in ABQ last April when I did not go through SSSS secondary screening despite having SSSS on my boarding pass (the first agent to view the boarding pass did not observe it and did not send me to the appropriate lane). I was flying DL and boarded when elites were called, and the agent said I had to go through security again because it wasn't stamped to confirm that I had gone through extra security, so I ran like hell out of the security area, went through security again all sweaty-like, and made it back to the boarding area as the last passenger to board. The agent knew that I was running the gauntlet, so that was certainly helpful. I probably got the SSSS at kiosk check-in at ABQ because this was my first Delta travel....um...like, ever (except for an AA bump at BNA 15 years ago when they protected me first class on DL!). Hopefully it is also the last time.