Bonus Miles

Old Feb 2, 07, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Bonus Miles

Booked a YOW-TPE (YOW-BOS on AC, BOS-DTW-KIX-TPE on NWA) through NWA.com and thought I would be eligible for the 5000 bonus miles for flying to TPE, but I'm booked in K-Class, so can't get those.

I thought I would be able to get the 2000 from the WP University, but everything has to be on NWA metal (so the AC flight will stop that).

I can't even get the 2X Air Miles (double to 100) for flying from Canada, because its not on NWA/KLM metal.

Can't even get the NWA Visa card because I'm living in Canada.

Is there any promotion I can get?
Old Feb 2, 07, 11:10 am

On this particular itinerary your chances look grim. You could always call and petition for the bonus miles to apply to the NW-operated flights, but you probably won't get satisfaction.

In the future, don't book across alliances if you want to get in on promotions. The reasons that promotions have strict rules is that they're supposed to encourage flying on one particular airline (or an alliance in the case of the recent SkyTeam continents promo). If you mix-and-match, for whatever reason, your promotion eligibility will be in question.
Old Feb 2, 07, 3:43 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
How about signing up for the MileSafari promotion?

As for having all on NW metal, you might get away with getting your WP University bonus miles.

I flew FLL-SAN this past weekend with the LAX-SAN-LAX portion on AA Eagle. I got the 2000 miles from the Supersize program, eventhough it stated that all segments must be on NW/KL.
Old Feb 2, 07, 4:12 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Except of course, Safari registration has been closed for a while .. and the promo ended 2 days ago.

/.
Old Feb 2, 07, 5:05 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty View Post
Except of course, Safari registration has been closed for a while .. and the promo ended 2 days ago.

/.
Whoops
Old Feb 2, 07, 10:22 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I'm thinking since the YOW-BOS won't show up on your WP statement (it's on AC - make sure that your AC number is in the res for those segments) just WP number in your BOS-KIX-TPE and you probably will get it...

Originally Posted by SirJman View Post
Booked a YOW-TPE (YOW-BOS on AC, BOS-DTW-KIX-TPE on NWA) through NWA.com ....

I thought I would be able to get the 2000 from the WP University, but everything has to be on NWA metal (so the AC flight will stop that).
Old Feb 2, 07, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

I thought that because it was booked through NWA.com that they may know im flying with AC, and not give me the miles.

Search this Thread