Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

EUA/Plat....did the time it runs change???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K

Ok, so I am very new to NW, but noticed that my EUA seems to be running 6 days ahead....thought it was 5? Today is thursday...and I already rc'd the u/g on one flight next wednesday...but not a connection on that flight.

Also noticed tuesday that my monday flights u/g'd.

Any ideas????

Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
While policy is 5 Plat eua typically runs 6 days out.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by jjlovecub
While policy is 5 Plat eua typically runs 6 days out.
Well, just to be concise, EUA doesn't typically run 6 days out, but it's not at all uncommon for it to do so. If you start traveling Plat-heavy flights, you'll notice your EUAs coming closer and closer to departure date, and perhaps not at all (battlefield upgrade time). It's really fluid depending on the loads of the specific flight. A lot of the "off-peak" and leisure-travel routes will EUA earlier than the stated 5-day window.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:57 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, United 1P, American Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, HH Gold
do we get EAU notices for CO flights? i didn't get upgraded on my morning CO SEA-IAH flight, and got no notices, but not sure if one precluded the other.

Thanks,

JB
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by BZAZN
do we get EAU notices for CO flights? i didn't get upgraded on my morning CO SEA-IAH flight, and got no notices, but not sure if one precluded the other.

Thanks,

JB
I haven't received notices when I've been EUA'ed on CO flights. I don't know if we're supposed to, though. It did show up correctly on continental.com after the EUA (that's how I found out about it).
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Well, just to be concise, EUA doesn't typically run 6 days out, but it's not at all uncommon for it to do so. If you start traveling Plat-heavy flights, you'll notice your EUAs coming closer and closer to departure date, and perhaps not at all (battlefield upgrade time). It's really fluid depending on the loads of the specific flight. A lot of the "off-peak" and leisure-travel routes will EUA earlier than the stated 5-day window.
Very well explained and my experience also. E.g. if you are traveling next Friday you can start looking for your upgrade status early Saturday morning.

NW does "sweeps" X times a day, matching whatever criteria are used (status, fare, projected sales, etc.) against seat availability.

Not to hold out false hopes but I have noticed that if the flight is really full you actually have a better chance than you might think of being upgraded the night before or a battlefield upgrade because they may have oversold and need coach seats.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Allanf
Not to hold out false hopes but I have noticed that if the flight is really full you actually have a better chance than you might think of being upgraded the night before or a battlefield upgrade because they may have oversold and need coach seats.

Thanks for the hope! DTW-MIA next wednesday looks PACKED, but F is showing 3. Still hoping for the u/g! I looks as if Y opened up a bit when the EUA ran and other plats who had possibly ticketed earlier then I did got the EUA.

Thanks again to all as I try and learn the ins/outs of a new system!^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.