Refer a Friend Question

Old Jan 30, 07, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Refer a Friend Question

I encouraged 2 people to join NWA before they come to visit us. They enrolled and booked their tickets but have not flown. I just registered them with the Refer a Friend today and read the fine print. It looks like I should have registered them before they booked the ticket? Is that correct? I dont recall it being that way in the past...
Old Jan 30, 07, 2:54 pm

Programs: NW PE, UA 1P, AA PLA, AMEX Plat MR, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by lisagurl2 View Post
It looks like I should have registered them before they booked the ticket? Is that correct? I dont recall it being that way in the past...
Looks like that is the case.

From the Ts&Cs: "Qualifying travel is a friend's roundtrip travel purchased after registration and completed no later than May 31, 2007."

Sorry.
Old Jan 30, 07, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Initially I thought the registration was the friend registering to become a NW FF. Or am I grasping at straws
Old Jan 30, 07, 3:54 pm

Programs: NW PE, UA 1P, AA PLA, AMEX Plat MR, Hertz 5 Star
Well, I guess we'll see...since you registered them for the promotion, let's hope the miles end up posting! Keep us posted.
Old Jan 30, 07, 8:42 pm

My experience...

I signed up two friends this week for the refer a friend.
The first one i signed up then he purchased a ticket.
The second friend purchased a ticket through a non/NWA web site and the next day i signed him up to World Perks Program and logged him in as my refer a friend. NWA said this wasnt a problem and i would get the miles. I'm hoping the CS person was right and knew what she was talking about, only time will tell though.
hope this helps
lucas
Old Feb 1, 07, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I'll let you know...they don't fly until mid-March.
Old Feb 1, 07, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
I signed up a collegue this week after he booked a week ago. He flies tomorrow. I'll letcha know.
Old Feb 1, 07, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
I'm trying to talk the only one I signed up (my gf) into coming on 3 MR with me. Her c/RDM would be pretty low with the 3 flight bonuses.
Old Feb 5, 07, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Just to update y'all, I signed up my colleague AFTER he booked his ticket, he flew last Friday, and I got bonus miles on Sunday.

Search this Thread