Wiki Posts
Search

Mile Safari [POINTS MISSING!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Exclamation Mile Safari [POINTS MISSING!]

I was just checking my point balance for the MileSafari promo, and my point summary has dropped from 145 to 100. My recently accrued points from MR last week have disappeared. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any recommendations? Thanks .
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I was just checking my point balance for the MileSafari promo, and my point summary has dropped from 145 to 100. My recently accrued points from MR last week have disappeared. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any recommendations? Thanks .
TTU is the best way to approach NW with a problem regarding a promo. This ensures that the issues gets into and is resolved by the right hands.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Others have commented on the same thing, and in most cases it's been because you have a connection on another partner. So you flew NW DTW-IAH and then CO IAH-LGW, so the points will be subtracted since you can't have legs on non NW-KLM flights.

If this isn't the case, then do as Slippah's mentioned, and use TTU.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:53 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Alaska/Horizon often makes mine disappear

Weren't you doing some crazy MHT-DTW-SEA-PDX-SEA-DTW-MHT kind of run last weekend? (when we were on the same SEA-DTW flight). I was doing the SEA-DTW-JAX-MSP-SEA MR myself.

I've encountered this same problem on previous MileSafari type programs. I'll end up flying SEA-PDX-NRT-HKG or something like that (usually since NW 7 SEA-NRT is always full/overbooked like 325 days a year). I forget that just the little 140 mile jump from SEA-PDX on Horizon will disqualify my mileage bonusing opportunities sometimes. Even one little CO segment will do the same. One time I was on SEA-DTW-MEX-IAH-MSP-SEA, and one seg was CO and the whole thing got tossed out for the promo. I was pissed!

Perhaps you should just sign-up for a new 1-year WC Membership. (50 points) I hear the shower is pretty nice at the DTW one
Old Jan 28, 2007, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacksafar
Weren't you doing some crazy MHT-DTW-SEA-PDX-SEA-DTW-MHT kind of run last weekend? (when we were on the same SEA-DTW flight). I was doing the SEA-DTW-JAX-MSP-SEA MR myself.

I've encountered this same problem on previous MileSafari type programs. I'll end up flying SEA-PDX-NRT-HKG or something like that (usually since NW 7 SEA-NRT is always full/overbooked like 325 days a year). I forget that just the little 140 mile jump from SEA-PDX on Horizon will disqualify my mileage bonusing opportunities sometimes. Even one little CO segment will do the same. One time I was on SEA-DTW-MEX-IAH-MSP-SEA, and one seg was CO and the whole thing got tossed out for the promo. I was pissed!

Perhaps you should just sign-up for a new 1-year WC Membership. (50 points) I hear the shower is pretty nice at the DTW one
Man, let's hope that's not the case. It just pisses me off that NW will disqualify flights where their code-share partner offers a much more frequent connection (every 30 mins on the hour). How can one 130 mile puddle-jumper do this?! ARGHHH!!!!

And yes, the showers are nice in DTW. I wish I had swinging glass doors in my shower instead of some nylon shower curtain.

50 points? Hmmm...I mean, I like miles, but that money for a WC could be used for a FUTURE ticket which accrues EQMs--not just RDMs! It's all about opportunity cost .
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Others have commented on the same thing, and in most cases it's been because you have a connection on another partner. So you flew NW DTW-IAH and then CO IAH-LGW, so the points will be subtracted since you can't have legs on non NW-KLM flights.

If this isn't the case, then do as Slippah's mentioned, and use TTU.
If I understand correctly, you only receive points for NWA operated flights, but I'm a little shocked if they eliminated points from an ENTIRE itinerary if another airline is involved in any way?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenjames
If I understand correctly, you only receive points for NWA operated flights, but I'm a little shocked if they eliminated points from an ENTIRE itinerary if another airline is involved in any way?
Sadly, it appears this way. I wrote to TTU, and hopefully they'll respond sometime soon. I don't care about getting credit from PDX-SEA/SEA-PDX on QX. I do, however, care about getting credit for checking in, for instance, or flying from MHT-DTW-SEA on NW!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
It is true that points will not be awarded for non KLM/NW segments

I agree that it seems silly to not award points when only 1 short leg is on a partner carrier. This sucks especially after buying a WBC seat USA to AMS to then connect on a non-KLM, yet still partner, airline. Anyway, I got burned with this on a previous promotion, so when a recent itinerary involved another carrier AND the miles never did post, I just let them go. I had reached the status I wanted, and the Milesafari points were worth more in my mind. I had written about the first situation, but got no satisfaction.

In fact, IIRC, there was one promotion that did not even allow a KLM connection - imagine that!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
I got burned on this too, from a previous promotion. I hate the fact that I lose points when one segment of an entire itinerary is on non-NW metal. Especially, when it is a partner airline and NW doesn't offer service to that destination.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lotalota
I got burned on this too, from a previous promotion. I hate the fact that I lose points when one segment of an entire itinerary is on non-NW metal. Especially, when it is a partner airline and NW doesn't offer service to that destination.
Just an update: WP sent me an e-mail and said that I don't get ANY credit for my recent MRs, because I had a 130 mile puddle jumper ride from PDX to SEA on QX. Everything else prior to that (MHT-DTW-SEA) was on NW metal. So, long story short, don't book a ticket--like J or C fare--for some place where you'll fly on another carrier. You won't get the points.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
You have to be very careful with these promotions (or any promotion, for that matter). The lesson here is to always read all the rules - it saves you some disappointment. Then come on FT and we'll all chat about how to best squeeze those rules for the most miles.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 7:38 pm

Just an update: WP sent me an e-mail and said that I don't get ANY credit for my recent MRs, because I had a 130 mile puddle jumper ride from PDX to SEA on QX. Everything else prior to that (MHT-DTW-SEA) was on NW metal. So, long story short, don't book a ticket--like J or C fare--for some place where you'll fly on another carrier. You won't get the points.
Well that bites. So no points for checking in? I just need 15 to get me to the next level.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenjames
Well that bites. So no points for checking in? I just need 15 to get me to the next level.
Zero. Nada. Zilch.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:24 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Did you ask them to take out the non-nwa segment? I know that if you would have done that initially... not requested credit for it, you would have gotten all the points.

Everything else prior to that (MHT-DTW-SEA) was on NW metal. So, long story short, don't book a ticket--like J or C fare--for some place where you'll fly on another carrier. You won't get the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.