Construction at DTW..1 terminal?

Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Construction at DTW..1 terminal?

My friend is flying out of DTW Friday. Her traveling partner insists that due to construction there is only one terminal operating, the international terminal. When I flew out of DTW in August, I was in two different terminals. What the real deal, experts?

Thanks, Judy
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:45 pm

There are three terminals in Detroit. The ancient Smith terminal (due to be torn down in a few years), the "International" terminal (also used for charter flights) and Northwest's "World Gateway". All three of these terminals are open.

The confusion may be that there is a new terminal under construction (not sure the name of it... I think "North Terminal"?) which will hold all the airlines currently in the Smith terminal.

You'll be fine.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:33 am

".. insists"

LMAO. Since you posed the question here, we'll assume you've confirmed they're flying NWA.
Your friend might want to arrive early enough to enjoy a walking-tour of Intl, and still make their flight

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.