Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Standby for later flights (same day): how?

Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:10 am
Original Poster

I have an upcoming LAS-MSP-TPA itinerary that leaves at 1am (red-eye) and I was interested in taking a later flight combination (either the 7am or 12pm flights).

I know how to request the stand-by when doing it for earlier flights (check-in at nwa.com for original flights 24h ahead, then at 3h prior to desired flight log-in to nwa.com check-in and request stand-by for the earlier flight).... but how does it work with standing-by for later same day flights? Do you need to call them so you are not considered a "no-show" and they don't void your ticket? Can you still log-in online to request stand-by at 3h or do you have to do it in person at the airport?

I tried searching but couldn't find the answer... thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:33 pm

It is easier to work with an earlier flight but I've never had any problem with going standby on a later one. Contrary to some assertions, your ticket does not disappear after your first flight leaves the gate. Just in case you run into a nasty agent, I would suggest a call to NWA asking them to to note on your record that you plan on taking a later flight in accordance with their same day standby policy. Shouldn't really be a problem after this.....
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by allergictocoach
It is easier to work with an earlier flight but I've never had any problem with going standby on a later one. Contrary to some assertions, your ticket does not disappear after your first flight leaves the gate. Just in case you run into a nasty agent, I would suggest a call to NWA asking them to to note on your record that you plan on taking a later flight in accordance with their same day standby policy. Shouldn't really be a problem after this.....
Well there is a problem. If there's no availability on the later flights, you're SOL on getting to your destination without paying a change fee.

So before doing this, be absolutely sure that the flight you want to take is wide-open.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.