Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New Snack basket makes an appearance DTW-LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Flying short flight DTW-LGA in First last night and was surprised to see a snack basket was offered with a choice of Frito chips. Mixed Nuts, banana, apple or oreo cookies. I've only seen this on red eyes- this was a first and welcome addition to short haul flights- hope they keep this.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by anbhc
Flying short flight DTW-LGA in First last night and was surprised to see a snack basket was offered with a choice of Frito chips. Mixed Nuts, banana, apple or oreo cookies. I've only seen this on red eyes- this was a first and welcome addition to short haul flights- hope they keep this.

Nope, It was on all 4 of the "snack flights" I have had this week. Same selection and a nice change.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Did the baskets also have 'mini' candy bars?

I can't remember the brand, but my last two flights had, in addition to the above, two different candy bars (something like Twix/Kitcat, but I don't think that is right).

They were really small ones, and unless you looked closely you couldn't see 'em in the basket.

TD
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by TommyD2

I can't remember the brand, but my last two flights had, in addition to the above, two different candy bars (something like Twix/Kitcat, but I don't think that is right).

They were really small ones, and unless you looked closely you couldn't see 'em in the basket.

TD

May have been, I just grabbed a bannana and a bag-o-Fritos
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH Silver, Marriott Rewards
I've had this on every flight for the last couple of weeks... DTW to Harrisburg a couple of weeks ago... New Orleans up through MEM and to DTW... and then even DTW to FNT. Whole bunch of stuff and not much of my favorite pretzels but a nice choice overall. Have yet to mix the bannana with a red wine.

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Nope, It was on all 4 of the "snack flights" I have had this week. Same selection and a nice change.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hertz 5*
Original thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=597497

And more recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618903
Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: NW SE; USAwys Gold
Snack Basket

I too was shocked when it was shoved under my nose on a hope to/from DTW to BUF. Enroute to BUF I thought it was a fluke. Then..surprise...more Fritos!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 4:56 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by TommyD2

TD
Almond Roca, my favorites
Old Nov 8, 2006, 5:48 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
They had KitKats on the MKE-MSP flight on Monday
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Saw the same basket this week - Monday night - the late flight from DTW to MIA. I enjoyed the banana, and my seat mate was commenting that the apples were really yummy.

An EXCITING improvement, in my book!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I have 50k of ST primarially NWA/KLM already booked for next year vs. 1 *A award ticket next year.

If NWA puts XOXOs onboard their planes, it will be all over for me... I will completely switch over from US/HP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.