Wiki Posts
Search

Double Platinum Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
Double Platinum Roll Call

How many Worldperk Double Platinum's do we have for 2006?

I requalified for Plat. in April, Double Plat in August.

RC
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Grammar nit: please write it "roll call" as it should be spelled ...
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, KLM Gold, HHilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle
Slow this year

I hit Platinum in May and finally hit double Platinum on this last trip. At this point only one other Transpac scheduled so will be way off last year's pace. Probably won't even get to 200,000 EQM. I guess there is always next year.

Would be pushing 200,000 right now if I hadn't used miles for flights to HNL in June and DTW in July.

NGO-NWA
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:22 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriot Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Currently at 154,000 EQM. Will probably end up around right around 200,000 EQM for this year. Lower than usual for me, but I have only been flying NWA from MSP to LGW and from NRT back to MSP. Typically BA when I am in Europe, and BA from LHR to NRT or SIN or or SYD other points in Asia. When in Asia, not so concerned with NWA or miles. I have no problems having to fly on Singapore or Thai or Cathay
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
It will be close

2006 Elite Qualifying Miles 130,552

2006 Elite Qualifying Segments 96

BOS-SEA tomorrow (5k)
BOS - HKG 11/3 (18k)
BOS - SFO 11/12 (5k)
BOS - AMS 11/19 (9k)
BOS - SFO 12/2 (5k)
BOS - HKG 12/16 (18k)
-----------------------------
Remaining scheduled EQM's = 60k
in the Bank = 130k
----------------------------
Total = 190k

I am pretty sure there will be a couple "surprise" bookings by the EOY so we will see..but it will be close
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:29 am

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
Will hit double Plat by week before Xmas. Would be nice to get double Plat benefits.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:54 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
So who has done it the painful way

Who has double Platinum all domestic? I hit Platinum+Gold last year and will be close again this year. I would be pretty hard to do much work and make double Platinum domestic.

If anyone did that would be serious "painful points" to make double Platinum all domestic.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hnewman
Who has double Platinum all domestic? I hit Platinum+Gold last year and will be close again this year. I would be pretty hard to do much work and make double Platinum domestic.

If anyone did that would be serious "painful points" to make double Platinum all domestic.

Agreed, that is tough to do. Of my 130k current, that includes 18 trans-Cons (BOS-SFO/LAX/SEA) And a few BOS-DFW/MSN/LAS/GSP for good measure. I will say that all of my miles are real, actual BIS miles. No bunus or high fare additions. I fly cheapest possible ticket in the US. I know an analyst who commutes from BOS to SFO every week (I do it every other week) and thats all he flys. He will make Double Pla t(1k) on UA the hard way...
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:26 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Tough way to live

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Agreed, that is tough to do. Of my 130k current, that includes 18 trans-Cons (BOS-SFO/LAX/SEA) And a few BOS-DFW/MSN/LAS/GSP for good measure. I will say that all of my miles are real, actual BIS miles. No bunus or high fare additions. I fly cheapest possible ticket in the US. I know an analyst who commutes from BOS to SFO every week (I do it every other week) and thats all he flys. He will make Double Pla t(1k) on UA the hard way...
Commuting BOS/SFO is a tough way to live as is making it domestic. Glad I do not do it.

Living in MSP the longest flight I can get domestic is 1589 to SFO. All of my trips are out and back. Occasionally I do MSP/BOS/DCA/MSP. Still less than RT SFO.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriot Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by avidflyer
IN 2001, before my current Europe job I did 221k actual miles with only 1 MSP to NRT round trip and 2 MSP to AMS trips. So figure 180k+ actual miles, not EQM, domestically.

And yes, it was painful. I remember doing 3-4 days trips a week for a while. Nothing would line up quick enough so it was just easier to come back to MSP each night and go out again the next day. There are large parts of 2001 I do not remember
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrPropaganda
IN 2001, before my current Europe job I did 221k actual miles with only 1 MSP to NRT round trip and 2 MSP to AMS trips. So figure 180k+ actual miles, not EQM, domestically.

And yes, it was painful. I remember doing 3-4 days trips a week for a while. Nothing would line up quick enough so it was just easier to come back to MSP each night and go out again the next day. There are large parts of 2001 I do not remember
That is brutal. I think Status should start to go the other way after 150:

175k = Gold
200k = Silver
250k = GM

That is about how it equates in real life...after 150 your quality of life starts to go in the toilet, up front or not...
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:38 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I am at 158,954 EQM with 83 EQS. I am sitting in Seoul at the moment so I still have my return flight, one more RT to Taipei and probable at least 2 more domestic RT before the end of the year. That should put me a little bit over 200k EQM by my calculations. About 1/3 of my EQMs for the year will be domestic. About 2/3 of my Intl is WBC with the class bonus so by my calculations, my BIS mileage for the year will probably be just shy of 150k.

This is by far the most travel I have ever done in a year. Highest for me before this year was 104k EQM in 2004.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:43 am
Suspended

Why qualify for Platinum twice, when you could get status on another airline and diversify your options?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:53 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Originally Posted by sxf24
Why qualify for Platinum twice, when you could get status on another airline and diversify your options?
Well for me it is mostly because NW is the only airline seving my home airport (SUX) and even then it is really Mesaba and Pinnacle. Even from my 2nd choice airport (OMA), NW tends to have the most convenient schedules to Asia. I may look into seeing if I can get enough TransPac travel (where my company will pay for Biz Class) next year on another carrier (UA?) to get some status there while keeping enough travel on NWA to insure PE.

The unlimited domestic upgrades are enough reason to stay on NW for domestic travel but I will admit there is very little reason to stay with NW for paid Biz Class after PE level is reached. As is being discussed in another thread, I think it would be valuable for NW to offer some more tangible reward for continued travel above PE than the maringally valuable Platinum Points.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxf24

For me its

1. The route
2. Not wanting to "earn" status in the back on another AL, at all.
3. I HATE ORD
4. I HATE ATL
5. I HATE EWR
6. I HATE IAD

Plus I am frankly too busy to strategize. I tried that last year and quit NWA at 90k. I made Gold at UA but the same things that drove me from UA to NW were still issues. I just like NW better than the rest and it makes planning travel easy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.