Priority Tags On Baggage

Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Lightbulb Priority Tags On Baggage

I just flew CO metal for the first time since qualifying as a SE, and I was impressed with the Elite Access/Priority tags on ALL bags that a Sky Team Elite member checks in. I wish NW or even DL did something like this. It sucks to be waiting forever for my bags, especially when we esentially have to check everything in. Anyone see NW doing this in the foreseeable future? It seems as if the OnePass program offers more perks than NW WPerks. Agree or disagree?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:39 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I agree. I had to wait for a full 747 worth of bags which only priority tag stuff came first to get my GE bags.....it was a good 30 minute wait....

I couldn't find any info on priority luggage services on nwa.com
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:39 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I just flew CO metal for the first time since qualifying as a SE, and I was impressed with the Elite Access/Priority tags on ALL bags that a Sky Team Elite member checks in. I wish NW or even DL did something like this. It sucks to be waiting forever for my bags, especially when we esentially have to check everything in. Anyone see NW doing this in the foreseeable future? It seems as if the OnePass program offers more perks than NW WPerks. Agree or disagree?
I've been getting priority tags on the past few Northwest flights. As for OnePass, suit yourself. I've stayed off their metal since they went to the 50% miles deal on certain fares not booked on their website awhile back (yes, I realize there is a way around it, but the whole thing just bugged me.)
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:46 pm
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
At least on NW, Yellow Priority tag means less, compare to other major airlines
on Domestic route.

but on international routes, it works greatly. especially on Asia airports

Also here's another tip, FlyerTalk baggage tag seems to be works well it self.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:47 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
How so about the FT tag? What does it get you as far as luggage service??
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Continental has specific performance metrics that they try to meet in delivery priority & other luggage in a timely fashion. "Priority" means something to them. Of course, it will only work at airports where they control the entire baggage handling process, e.g. Houston.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:36 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by jameskwon
At least on NW, Yellow Priority tag means less, compare to other major airlines
on Domestic route.

but on international routes, it works greatly. especially on Asia airports

Also here's another tip, FlyerTalk baggage tag seems to be works well it self.
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing it does is make it easier to spot the bag that a few months ago you could have carried on....

Bob H
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
NW Plats should get priority tags via Skyteam Elite Plus status. A few months ago I was told by an agent in MKE that NW no longer does this unless you are in F for at least some of the flight, the benefit was still on the Skyteam website so I assume that this was misinformation.

But maybe they should do it for all elites -- it's not as if it costs much and it does make people feel more appreciated.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

NW and DL put on Priority Tags...They just don't work. Usually means last off
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by mikey1003
NW and DL put on Priority Tags...They just don't work. Usually means last off
In my experience checking bags since the TSA imposed their new carry-on guidelines, I have noticed a significant improvement in getting priority tagged bags off first. 4 weeks ago, I would have agreed that priority made no difference. However, I have been checking bags since the TSA implemented the new guidelines and have been 7 for 8 in getting priority tagged bags off first. The only airport where it didn't make a difference was PHL, which has some of the worst luggage service anyways.

Maybe they realized the new guidelines would result in more frequent travelers checking bags, so they cracked down on their luggage staff or something.

Now that the baggage handlers are actually paying attention to priority tags, maybe something along the lines of Continental would make sense.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:43 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Continental has specific performance metrics that they try to meet in delivery priority & other luggage in a timely fashion. "Priority" means something to them. Of course, it will only work at airports where they control the entire baggage handling process, e.g. Houston.
Watch some time and compare to NW. A CO ramper segregates all the priority bags at the loader and puts them on all together, last. You don't see anything like that domestic NW.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: NW Silver Elite
Originally Posted by emw9000
In my experience checking bags since the TSA imposed their new carry-on guidelines, I have noticed a significant improvement in getting priority tagged bags off first. 4 weeks ago, I would have agreed that priority made no difference. However, I have been checking bags since the TSA implemented the new guidelines and have been 7 for 8 in getting priority tagged bags off first. The only airport where it didn't make a difference was PHL, which has some of the worst luggage service anyways.

Maybe they realized the new guidelines would result in more frequent travelers checking bags, so they cracked down on their luggage staff or something.

Now that the baggage handlers are actually paying attention to priority tags, maybe something along the lines of Continental would make sense.
My last two trips, to PHX and TPA, had priority tags on my bags and I still watied 45-60 minutes in both directions. This was over the last 10 days.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by nwdc10
My last two trips, to PHX and TPA, had priority tags on my bags and I still watied 45-60 minutes in both directions. This was over the last 10 days.
Unless the airlines can start speeding that time up, I am going to continue bringing my bags on. I would rather leave the toothpaste, etc. at home & spend $5-$10 replacing them at either a Walmart or convenience store. In the last month, I make my decision to check or not based upon the size of the airport that I am flying into. FSD, LSE, etc. I will check. MKE, PDX, etc. I will carry on & buy in town.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Waited about 40 minutes Sunday night for bags off a DTW flight, even with the Priority tag it didn't even come out first.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by carpboy
Watch some time and compare to NW. A CO ramper segregates all the priority bags at the loader and puts them on all together, last. You don't see anything like that domestic NW.
CO has largely separate handling for priority bags.

With NW you often have to remind the TA about the priority tags.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.