MSP TSA Goons

Old Aug 14, 06, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by yogimax
You have to be kidding...

...How is the American government attacking its own people and blaming it on others?

...You seriously believe that not allowing liquids on airplanes is a governmental move to "institute total control"?
Take a look at the governments lies and deception surrounding 9/11 and the prior plans to invade Iraq (Downing Street memo). For the first time in history not one, not two but three steel and concrete building are demolished by fire. (The third building is WTC #7 that the media likes to avoid discusing) 2 large planes disentegrate on impact, one at the Pentagon and the other in Pennsylvania.

This has nothing to do with banning water, it has to do with figuring out whether this "foiled plot" is another hoax like many of the others the government has touted. This policy is just a reaction by the TSA not part of the "institut[ion of] total control" that is happening. The constitution has been gutted bu the (Un)Patriot act and now the Bush regime is trying to institute military tribunals for non terrorists. It is not about what actions they have taken but about what actions they now legally can take.
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Where you choose to live is none of my business, nor is it my problem. Just because you live in NYC, or just because NYC suffered a terrible loss, does not give New Yorkers the right to dictate how everyone else should interact with the Government.

If you feel insecure living in New York, then by all means, move.

I shed many a tear for New York and the WTC, however I was back in the city within 2 weeks of the attack, and I was back flying within 48 hours of the aviation system going back online, and I went out of my way to buy even more tickets just so I could fly more often during those times and show solidarity with the airline and hotel employees who were all facing terrible job losses - and so I could shame my friends and coworkers into getting up off their scared butts and start traveling again.

I thought New Yorkers had tougher backbones than this. I am reminded of the Peter Jennings ABC special a few weeks after 9/11 when New Yorkers participating in the Town Hall forum made statements that supported setting aside the Constitution and placing everyone under surveillance. It was really sickening stuff, and I never thought I would hear such things from Americans.

No one every reacted this way after Oklahoma City. No one reacted this way after the WTC bombing. Now, everytime Osama Chertoff flashes a color card, everyone jumps. What gives??
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:15 pm
MeNoSay

You have to be kidding...

...You seriously believe that not allowing liquids on airplanes is a governmental move to "institute total control"?

You seriously believe that a government that:

listens to its citizens' phone calls without a warrant
reads its citizens' emails without a warrant
holds its citizens indefinitely without charge or trial
demands money under threat of federal prison
has the highest percentage of population in prison
has the highest number of population in prison
criminalizes behavior undertaken overseas
routinely exempts itself from criminal statutes
tells us when to take our shoes off
tells us when it's ok to use a cell phone
tells us where we can and cannot take a glass of water
establishes "free speech" cages

is not attempting to control us?

Old Aug 14, 06, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rc408

This has nothing to do with banning water, it has to do with figuring out whether this "foiled plot" is another hoax
Another hoax? O gosh, now we have the "conspiracy theorists" at work. Yeah, Tony Blair, Bush, and hundreds, if not thousands working in intelligence and law enforcement in at least three countries have all conspired to plan a monstrous hoax.
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:24 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Another hoax? O gosh, now we have the "conspiracy theorists" at work. Yeah, Tony Blair, Bush, and hundreds, if not thousands working in intelligence and law enforcement in at least three countries have all conspired to plan a monstrous hoax.
Agree. Ranting and raving and ranting and raving. I guess a lot of people (besides those in government!) have a LOT of extra time on their hands.
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen

I thought New Yorkers had tougher backbones than this. I am reminded of the Peter Jennings ABC special a few weeks after 9/11 when New Yorkers participating in the Town Hall forum made statements that supported setting aside the Constitution and placing everyone under surveillance. It was really sickening stuff, and I never thought I would hear such things from Americans.

No one every reacted this way after Oklahoma City. No one reacted this way after the WTC bombing. Now, everytime Osama Chertoff flashes a color card, everyone jumps. What gives??
Boca, hate to say it, but as a native New Yorker (from Stuyvesant High School to CCNY), I have to inform you that indeed we have some of the toughest backbones. My son-in-law is FDNY and worked at the 9/11 site. He is still FDNY and proud of it.

You have probably never experienced terrorism first hand or lost loved ones because of it. It doesn't matter. We were all victims. It is precisely because we do have a backbone that we don't whine and cry over a few inconveniences that just may make it safer.
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:35 pm

Call me what you want, the government's "story" doesn't add up to a pile of siht. Swiss cheese has less holes. Instead of regurgitating what the TV told you look into some of the facts. Read the 9/11 report and then ask why they left out multiple incidents (Most notably building 7). The 9/11 commision themselves have recently admitted that they were pressured to lay off asking questions that might cause problems.

Or you could just cover your ears and throw names at people.
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
...It is precisely because we do have a backbone that we don't whine and cry over a few inconveniences that just may make it safer.
Sorry but first of all, none of these so-called inconveniences are making you even a measurable shred safer. If you believe that they are, I have some land to sell you.

When do 'a few inconveniences' stop being inconvenient and start appearing like a government led assault on your Constitutional rights? Random searches of bags in the subway? Random patdowns of people on the street? Internal passports or ID cards that need to be shown for all financial and interpersonal transactions? Turning Neighborhood Watch into an official government informant system where people are rewarded for conducting surveillance on their neighbors? Teaching children to report their parents' activities to a school administrator? Government recording of your phone conversations?

Am I getting warmer? Or are all these things just 'a few inconveniences that make us safer'?
Old Aug 14, 06, 1:39 pm
MeNoSay

No government has ever lied to its people in order to advance an agenda.

No government has ever destroyed private property in order to advance an agenda.

People in the U.S. government are impeccably moral, altruistic, and have nothing but the best interest of me at heart. They are superior in nearly ever way to those in other governments.

----

It must be nice to believe.

Old Aug 14, 06, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Boca, hate to say it, but as a native New Yorker (from Stuyvesant High School to CCNY), I have to inform you that indeed we have some of the toughest backbones. My son-in-law is FDNY and worked at the 9/11 site. He is still FDNY and proud of it.

You have probably never experienced terrorism first hand or lost loved ones because of it. It doesn't matter. We were all victims. It is precisely because we do have a backbone that we don't whine and cry over a few inconveniences that just may make it safer.
Having a backbone includes speaking one's mind; and that includes complaining about and criticizing government incompetence -- even when it's unpopular.
Old Aug 14, 06, 2:03 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
this thread has deteriorated so much in the past few hours that I'm closing it... if the OP or anyone else wants to add to "MSP TSA Goons" please PM me and I'll open it... those of you who want to rail on racial profiling, etc. please head over to either OMNI or TS & S.

thezipper
NWA Moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: