Community
Wiki Posts
Search

connecting at NRT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:22 am
Original Poster

connecting at NRT

I have a coming flight through NRT. I would like to go out to meet a friend and then come back to catch my connecting flight. I have 60 minutes between my connecting flights. Is it possible go through passport control and customs, and then come back (through security check, and passport control again)?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
A sure guarantee to miss your connecting flight.

As it is, you'll have barely enough time to get out of the a/c (depending on where you are seated), go through transit security and get to your next gate and board within 60 minutes.

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Jul 27, 2006 at 11:42 am
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:45 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah...NO. If you had 2 1/2-3 hours, yes...
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Thumbs down Do not do it!

Originally Posted by jing_canada
I have a coming flight through NRT. I would like to go out to meet a friend and then come back to catch my connecting flight. I have 60 minutes between my connecting flights. Is it possible go through passport control and customs, and then come back (through security check, and passport control again)?
NO WAY! You will miss your connecting flight.

NRT gate agents will start boarding your connecting flight 60 minutes before scheduled flight time...So if you only have 60 minutes from your scheduled arrival you need to go straight to the gate to board your connecting flight.

If you have 2 or more hours, you may have time to get a shower inside the NRT terminal...I do this and find it relaxing and great to be in clean clothes and clean shaven too for my next flight; or stop by the World Club and get refreshments...and scoot to your next gate for boarding.

But leaving the security and passport areas to see a friend is impossible in my opinion for you to do and still make your connection.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:12 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
since this really has nothing to do with NW, and an exisiting thread created
by the OP already exists in the Japan forum, I'm closing this thread.

thezipper
NWA Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.