Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

How often do they change the video selection in WBC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

In one roundtrip, I probably watched all the movies that I wanted from the current selection. But I've been wondering how often do they change the selection?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by bumpme
In one roundtrip, I probably watched all the movies that I wanted from the current selection. But I've been wondering how often do they change the selection?
They alter the lineup monthly, but usually only a few movies at a time. I think it takes a full 2-3 months (or perhaps each quarter) for the entire movie lineup to change.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: NW Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
You will see new movies in their lineup at the first day of each month.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec, HH Gold, IHG Gold
A while back ago, someone I know from NW ops at MSP stated that when Northwest originally outfitted the select aircraft with the IFE system, there was a period of nasty issues that caused none of the movies to be updated for more than an entire quarter. (I believe this was only on a few particular aircraft.) I believe jpnwa is correct, however.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:57 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by jpnwa
Not in my experience. I recently completed a spate of long-haul flights that ran from April into May. On the early May flights the fare was the same drivel that I had watched in early April, but I thought that maybe it was too soon for all the changes to be made. My last flight was on May 7 (NRT/SIN) and Mooseport was still proudly being featured. I asked the FA what was up with that as the inflight magazine promised some better fare.

His answer was that the plane needed to go back to either DTW or MSP (I don't recall seeing many 332s in either location, but what do I know?) for the changes to be loaded, and that obviously hadn't happened yet.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Sabai
Not in my experience. I recently completed a spate of long-haul flights that ran from April into May. On the early May flights the fare was the same drivel that I had watched in early April, but I thought that maybe it was too soon for all the changes to be made. My last flight was on May 7 (NRT/SIN) and Mooseport was still proudly being featured. I asked the FA what was up with that as the inflight magazine promised some better fare.

His answer was that the plane needed to go back to either DTW or MSP (I don't recall seeing many 332s in either location, but what do I know?) for the changes to be loaded, and that obviously hadn't happened yet.
I think I addressed this issue in general in an earlier post. IME, the whole lineup doesn't change on the 1st of the month, but a handful of movies, shows, music, etc. is replaced with a new selection. I think it takes a few cycles (months) for the entire offering to completely change.

That doesn't exclude the possibility, however, that your specific flight indeed was still waiting to get back to a hub to get some updated content.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:18 am

Location: NYC, ROC, HNL, PEN, BKK, KUL, SIN (check out http://my.flightmemory.com/kkua)
Programs: DL Diamond charter member; 2 million miler (45% from NWA, 2MM achieved 5/2018)
Originally Posted by jpnwa
Several exceptions... I was on NRT-SIN in late June and returned on 1-JUL. Same stuff on the A332 on both directions. So, I suspect it's updated monthly when they have the opportunity to service the aircraft.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 8:33 pm

Movies are updated by the vendor when the airplane reaches the U.S. The vendor services the system at gateway cities, not just MSP or DTW. NW is well aware that all aircraft aren't updated on the first day of the month.

The entire movie selection is not replaced, but new films added and some taken away. Just by coincidence I was reading the USA Today (7/21/06) in the business section they had a article about inflight movies. To my surprise they said that among US carriers NW was the biggest purchaser of inflight movies. How exciting!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.