Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

2007 Elite Requalification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Elite Requalification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by danbirchall
My silver status (for 2006) just started today (hit the necessary mileage overnight Friday-Saturday). 'm at 27,445 EQM and 11 EQS... I've never been elite before, so I have no idea about this whole matter of "requalification." Can anyone explain it, or should I just wait for my elite packet to arrive?
Requalifcation starts Jan. 1 when your qualifying miles are reset to 0. The qualifying year is Jan.1 - Dec. 31, the elite benefit year is Mar. 1 - Feb. 28.

When you hit a new qualifying year, you are qualified for both the current elite benefit year and the next one, so you are now silver through Feb. 28, 2008.

At this pace you should hit GE in early October and will be a bit short of PE at the end of the year.

Status can be rather addicitng. I track my travel each year in a spread sheet so I'll know to plan some mileage runs if I'm going to come up short.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:25 am

57,715 EQM's and 73 EQS...
Old May 22, 2006, 10:25 am
tkb

Programs: nwa GE
Silver in March

silver/25,000+ as of March 8
38,000+ as of the next hour (sitting in Tallahassee)

on track for gold again with six more tkts booked already ^

PS
THANKS FlyerTalk! To quote TWW ... "That's not being a fan--that's having a fetish."

Old May 22, 2006, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
55k EQM, 18 EQS. I've got another 25k EQM booked for the rest of the year already, along with 30k miles in free tickets. My total will probably be 20-30% less than last year since I'm doing a RTW reward this year. I may still throw in a interesting destination or two fare wars break out.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
10,684 EQM/6 EQS, plus a bit of Award travel. Silver by June 10, but after that I better get busy.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:57 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
21k eqm, 13 eqs on NWA... 51k eqm 17eqs on UA
Old May 22, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Status can be rather addicitng. I track my travel each year in a spread sheet so I'll know to plan some mileage runs if I'm going to come up short.
Good to know. Now I can tell my wife I'm not the only one. Might come in handy the next time she threatens to hide my passport.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
next time she threatens to hide my passport.
There are plenty of domestic MR's to be had
Old May 22, 2006, 11:45 am

I usually make GE by the seat of my pants, last year by a vacation to HNL, all of my trips are domestic and this week MSP-FAR, so 1K miles.
If I make Gold this year I may be lucky. Not sure wether I envy the Plat guys or not!
Old May 22, 2006, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Thumbs up

When you hit a new qualifying year, you are qualified for both the current elite benefit year and the next one, so you are now silver through Feb. 28, 2008.
Sweet! I had kind of been wondering about that - I thought maybe all the elites were scrambling madly from January 1 to February 28 to rack up miles for the year! I'd never considered the idea that elite status would last so long, or that I'd requalify without even knowing it...

At this pace you should hit GE in early October and will be a bit short of PE at the end of the year.
Actually, this half-year has been a little slow... only 4 trips January-June, and 3 of them were to destinations within North America. In the fall I'm looking at possibly going to CPT, NBO, GVA, BUD, and/or PEK, so I'm figuring on GE on my first real trip in that half of the year, and quite possibly PE by late November or early December.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
I might not make SE again. As a college prof it is kind of hard to make elite status. I made it on my last flight last year. Unless I attend a bunch of conferences this fall, I do not think that I will make it.

I have around 4k eqm on 6 eqs. I have at 10 more segments booked on NWA so far and 4 segs on DL (yes I know they do not count as eqs). If I requalify, I will need to do it as a EQS person rather than a EQM. I just do not see enough miles this year.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm happy with my pace, as it is keeping me semi-sane.

I'm at 27187 EQM and 44 EQS. By the end of June, I'll be at 41896 EQM and 58 EQS. I'll requalify PLAT sometime around October like I always do.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
At about 31k right now and should be 40k mid year. An international trip on AA has made a bit of a dent on my NWA flying this year.
Old May 22, 2006, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Exclamation I'm almost done with NW

Originally Posted by KeyManRisk
umm...0 EQM/0 EQS for the year, and no ST flights in sight.

enjoy my (lack of competing for) upgrades, folks.
me too, 0 EQM/0 EQS this year, with 2 vacation trips to ATL and CUN booked. Hope to get most of Plat benefits (companion UG etc.) in my final year as an NW elite.

So folks, enjoy my (lack of competing for) upgrades.
Old May 22, 2006, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kb1992
This lowly 1P is 1 for 8 in successfully using 500-mile upgrade certificates.
Things are obviously looking up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.