Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

MNL-EWR on NW;Restriction on tickets issued outside Philippines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC

My cousin is trying to buy our aunt a ticket from MNL to the Newark. I priced out an intinerary using the ITA site. I was reading through the fare rules and I found the following:

NOTE -
FOR TRAVEL ORIGINATING IN THE PHILLIPINES
EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY PERMITTED UNDER
GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY CARRIER. CONTACT
CARRIER FOR DETAILS.
------------------------------------------------
AIRLINE TICKETS ISSUED OUTSIDE THE PHILIPPINES
/AS INDICATED BY THE VALIDATION STAMP/ FOR
INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION OF CERTAIN
PASSENGERS ORIGINATING IN THE PHILIPPINES
SHALL NOT BE VALID FOR SUCH TRANSPORTATION.
THIS PROVISION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE
FOLLOWING PASSENGERS--
A.RESIDENTS OF THE PHILIPPINES.
B.PASSENGERS WHO ARE SUBJECT TO PAYMENT OF THE
TRAVEL TAX IMPOSED UNDER PD1183 AS
AMENDED.
C.PASSENGERS WHO ARE HOLDING TICKETS FOR ONWARD
CARRIAGE FROM THE PHILIPPINES BUT WHO DO NOT
HAVE A IMMIGRATION ENTRY ON THEIR PASSPORTS
SUBSEQUENT TO THE DATE OF ISSUANCE OF THE
AIRLINE TICKET ABROAD.

----end quote---------------

What exactly does this mean? It sounds like any tickets purchased outside the Philippines is invalid for use by "Residents of the Philippines." How can my cousin buy her a ticket then? Does he have to send her the money and have her pay for the ticket there? Can he make an overseas call to the Manila reservation line and buy his ticket through them, using his credit card? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2006, 8:53 am

Location: NYC, ROC, HNL, PEN, BKK, KUL, SIN (check out http://my.flightmemory.com/kkua)
Programs: DL Diamond charter member; 2 million miler (45% from NWA, 2MM achieved 5/2018)
They are doing this to prevent back-to-back ticketing (favorable exchange rates to the US dollar, lower cost of travel, etc). Sounds like they are still on the paper and consolidator option. I would check with a local travel agent. They might be able to perform an MCO (misc charge order) and act like a 3rd party negotiator. In this case, the agency will charge the price of a ticket plus a small transaction fee for themselves. Upon receiving the funds, they will pay the airline for the ticket as if they received cash themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.