Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats on 757-200

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Best seats on 757-200

Simple question: what's the best seat in F on the 757-200? Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:58 pm
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
2C,D are my favorites.

but also 6C is perfect for If you want to brag the fact that, you are on the
First class. (Don't forget to glance regularly behind the wall. )
Also
1>You can access both LAV one in behind and front one easily.
(you know, thoes are same)
2>First one to get off aircraft. ^
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:46 pm

Note that there are two very different 757-200 models, the "755" (757-200 5500 series, which doesn't have any window exits, but has an extra set of full size exits) and the "756" (757-200 5600 series, which has two rows of window exits in lieu of the extra set of doors).

The config in FC is roughly the same on both, although the overhead bins are generally much larger on the 756. But in coach it's a different story.

I'd also generally recommend 2C/D. In fact, mrs. themicah and I are sitting there on a 756 in just a few hours!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by themicah
Note that there are two very different 757-200 models, the "755" (757-200 5500 series, which doesn't have any window exits, but has an extra set of full size exits) and the "756" (757-200 5600 series, which has two rows of window exits in lieu of the extra set of doors).

The config in FC is roughly the same on both, although the overhead bins are generally much larger on the 756. But in coach it's a different story.

I'd also generally recommend 2C/D. In fact, mrs. themicah and I are sitting there on a 756 in just a few hours!
This sort of information can generally be found at seatguru.com. Well maybe not overhead bin sizes. And certainly not the part about the themicahs' travel plans.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 4:32 am

Good seats and a 757?

When I saw the post's title, I thought, "If you aren't in FC, there are no good seats on a 757-200!"
Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:45 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
I've got a r/t involving both 757-200 and 757-300 next week. Already have my seats (mileage upgrade). Is the -300's FC cabin substantially different from either of the -200s' cabins?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
2C/2D. Nice and quiet too. Usually I go for 2D. Seems like the experienced plats sit in 2C. Every time this year in 2D I've met some NW "million-miler". Funny because when my EUA runs 2C/2D are usually open, and I'm just happy to grab it.

Occassionally 1A/B has similar legroom, but it's inconsistent.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Tedeman
When I saw the post's title, I thought, "If you aren't in FC, there are no good seats on a 757-200!"
For me, anything but 1 (no legroom). If flying overnight, also anything but 6 (no full recline). Even on a non-sleeping flight, 6's recline is very limited (at least to me, on the flights I've been on) and hence uncomfortable. If it's a short flight, I'll do 6B/C, just to get off the plane ASAP. Funny to see the front of F fill up first on a 757, and be able to snag the rear row on a short flight.

Steve B.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Choosing a seat in FC on the 757 based upon getting off the aircraft first can be a gamble, depending on the airport and gate assignment. As often as possible, they will use door 2L for boarding/de-boarding, however certain airports, gates, and jetbridges will dictate whether 1L or 2L is used.

All 757-suitable gates at DTW will use 2L. However, MSP has several 757 gates on F-concourse which require 1L be used due to limitations of the jetbridge and the gate footprint. There is a list posted in all the jetbridges in MSP for which doors are to be used at each gate for the 752/753/DC-10/A330/742/744 aircraft. As for outstations that receive the 757, I can't really remember too well. I that MCO uses 2L, and I believe that PDX does too.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 4:29 pm

Row Zero, seats A and D. Both have windows ... and aisles. Best view in the airplane. Wool covered seats with lumbar support and unrestricted fore/aft movement. Access to the lavs is a bit restricted these days, but there are no screaming babies to contend with......
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
2 of the gates at LAX can only use door 1L to deplane/board

Originally Posted by DTWflyer
As often as possible, they will use door 2L for boarding/de-boarding, however certain airports, gates, and jetbridges will dictate whether 1L or 2L is used. MCO uses 2L, and I believe that PDX does too.
LAX has two gates that cannot use door 2L and always board from 1L.

I prefer boarding from 2L, but it really isn't a big deal boarding with either door.

RC
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
All 757-suitable gates at DTW will use 2L.
I was on a DTW-SEA 757-200 flight on April 1st that used 1L in Detroit and 2L in Seattle.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
2C/2D. Nice and quiet too. Usually I go for 2D. Seems like the experienced plats sit in 2C. Every time this year in 2D I've met some NW "million-miler". Funny because when my EUA runs 2C/2D are usually open, and I'm just happy to grab it.
Occassionally 1A/B has similar legroom, but it's inconsistent.
Agreed. Was on a 757-200 in 2D on Tuesday (MSP-PHX). To quote SeatGuru, "there is a lot of room on the floor due to the large cutouts in the bulkhead." Was on 1A on Thursday on way back and leg room is not as good as SeatGuru also notes. On a 3+hour flight it may be best to sit in 2C.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
1C if the FA is good looking (yes, there are some attractive FA's on NW and I know you can't plan in advance for this one ).
2D for red-eyes (I like to sleep with my head to the right, can lean against the fuselage and put my feet up on the magazine pouch).
Anything but 1A/B if you've got a laptop bag and a rollaboard and the jerk who's your seatmate cuts in front of you the moment they announce FC boarding and takes the whole bin.

Bottom line is it really depends on your preference and everyone is different. You just have to try them all and see which one you like! Maybe you can get everyone in F to agree to a Chinese Firedrill halfway through the flight.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
As an elite member with minimal carryon luggage who didn't get the upgrade, I think the 16BC are the best seats on a 757-200, as mentioned by SeatGuru. Seats 33BCDE are good, too, except for taking a bit of time to get off the plane.
If you are not an elite member, then any aisle seats that is not marked as Coach Choice would be my selection. Although on a flight that I might want to sleep, I'd select the window seat on the right side for me to lean over and sleep. Another criteria I had used was to know which direction you will be flying and stay away from the sunny side since the glare from the sun makes it difficult to see my laptop monitor.
I hope this sort of helps to make your choice.

HJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.