Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Here's a new delayed-flight reason...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sitting in the terminal B WorldClub right now at DTW, trying to go home. I'm confirmed on a later flight this evening (the 9PM to DCA) - got out of MBS earlier than planned, so I flew standby to DTW. NW3496, the 3:33PM flight on an ARJ is showing a delay due to "Aircraft Damage Weather" - must have been a pretty serious storm!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
delay due to "Aircraft Damage Weather" - must have been a pretty serious storm!
May see more of that if this thread is any indication - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513521
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Sitting in the terminal B WorldClub right now at DTW, trying to go home. I'm confirmed on a later flight this evening (the 9PM to DCA) - got out of MBS earlier than planned, so I flew standby to DTW. NW3496, the 3:33PM flight on an ARJ is showing a delay due to "Aircraft Damage Weather" - must have been a pretty serious storm!
nwa.com is showing the inbound had to come in from Columbus and the flight is "delayed awaiting aircraft" ---

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; Jan 13, 2006 at 2:27 pm
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:26 pm
azj

Ever heard of hail?

AZJ
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
".. got out of MBS earlier than planned .."
Dang .. had I known you were in the vicinity, would'a offered to show you the local iDine !!
/.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:47 pm

It's not that unusual for an aircraft to be hit by lightning.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azj
Ever heard of hail?
Like I said - it must have been a pretty serious storm!

Thanks for the offer, CaveatEmpty - flew in on Wednesday night & out Friday morning!
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:33 am

I had a flight that was cancelled due to...as the agent said to me...the pilot refusing the plane. Didn't make me feel too comfortable knowing that I'd be on the plane in the morning that the pilot "refused". So I took a different flight to my destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.