Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

PD001 -- Can I use it to buy a ticket for someone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Silver Elite, Starwood Gold Elite

(Apologies if this has been answered already -- I did run a search first.)

I recently received a Reference Code PD001 E-Cert that gives me 10% off a future ticket. The Terms and Conditions state that the E-Cert "is non-transferable. Purchased or auctioned E-Certs are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted."

I'm certain that "non-transferable" means that I can't just give the E-Cert to a friend and let her purchase the ticket. (In fact, the E-Cert number is my WorldPerks number.) But... does it also mean that I cannot purchase a ticket myself with my friend as the passenger? In such a situation, I haven't "transferred" the ability to buy the ticket, but I have "transferred" the ability to use the ticket.

The sentence about purchased or auctioned E-Certs makes me think that scenario #2 is okay, and what they don't want is people making money off of this "gift."

I did call the Gold Elite line, and the guy I spoke with didn't have answer. The best he could do was suggest that I try to buy the ticket for my friend and see what happens. However, we're waiting until the next fare sale to purchase her ticket, so I'm not going to try it right now.

Anybody know the answer? Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:42 am

Go to res.nwa.com. Try booking a flight using the ECert and see if it'll let you put in someone else's name for the passenger. Don't buy the ticket. Then you'll know for sure.

My guess is that it will work.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
It worked for me on a previous reservation to ORD-LAX. Try it out.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Silver Elite, Starwood Gold Elite
Yup, it seems to work. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.