Search

seat maps on klm 737

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:30 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
seat maps on klm 737

Was looking to book a t-day res to fco from msp in Z (business). Was routed thru ams. Flights from AMS to FCO (Rome) were all on KLM flights on a 737. The seat maps provided on NWA.com showed a Z map with a 3 and 3 seat plan in the business class area.

Anyone farmiliar with this plan? 3 on each side obviously does not give any extra width for business class. Maybe they just give you more legroom or pitch.

Seat Guru doesn't even show that KLM even flies a 737.

Any info woulod hep because it is a 900 mile flight. And am I really getting an upgraded seat for the extra cost.

Help.

BT

Last edited by rtarbuck; Nov 5, 2005 at 9:33 pm Reason: define 737
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL GM
Welcome to the glory of KLM Europe Select. I was in ES from AMS to IST and back in September. It's exactly like coach, except the food's better and you get a free newspaper. They don't even block the middle seats, like Air France. If you want to select a seat, choose one as far forward as possible--the depth of the ES cabin varies, depending on bookings.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtarbuck
And am I really getting an upgraded seat for the extra cost.

Help.

BT
You are getting nothing except a little bit better sandwich and lounge access. Enjoy the flight....
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:57 am

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373100

And I could have sworn there was another KL 737 thread in the NW forum a few days ago, but I cannot for the life of me find it. Anybody?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by MJLogan
Welcome to the glory of KLM Europe Select. I was in ES from AMS to IST and back in September. It's exactly like coach, except the food's better and you get a free newspaper. They don't even block the middle seats, like Air France. If you want to select a seat, choose one as far forward as possible--the depth of the ES cabin varies, depending on bookings.
Just for the record, KLM Europe Select 737's have a 33" pitch, compared to 31" in the rest of the plane. But Europe Select is a joke. Most of the other European carriers do the same thing for flights within Europe. It's essentially coach seating but you get a better meal and a newspaper - big deal. Give us 2x2 business/first class seating with a decent pitch. I don't know how the European carriers get away with this. I'm totally turned off by paying the hefty price for WBC to Amsterdam, then having to sit in what is essentially a coach product to connect on KLM and complete my trip. Come on, for the fares charged, give us something better.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:07 pm

Last edited by Wayne; Nov 15, 2005 at 3:15 pm Reason: Please Delete - this is a dup post
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
You're getting a nice lunch in a chickencoop.

My wife & I were op-upped on an AMS-OSL flight in July. The lunch was very nice, but I wouldn't have paid for it (but then I wouldn't pay my own money for WBC either ) That particular 737 did have 2/3 seating in the front -- the seats were wider -- but I didn't perceive any greater pitch.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
You're getting a nice lunch in a chickencoop.

That particular 737 did have 2/3 seating in the front -- the seats were wider -- but I didn't perceive any greater pitch.
The KLM 737-900's are the only 737's that still have 2x3 seating in Europe Select. All the rest of the 737's are 3x3 seating in Europe Select.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
The only advantage to the select seats is quicker deplaning

I don't think the KLM intra-europe business select seating is much better except that the closer you can sit to the exit door on the a/c the better your chances at making a tight connection.

RC
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MJLogan
If you want to select a seat, choose one as far forward as possible--the depth of the ES cabin varies, depending on bookings.
Avoid the bulkhead seats 1DEF and 2ABC at all costs. Legroom is so restricted that even crossing your legs becomes a challenge. Worst seats on the plane, any seat in coach is better.

Johan
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Wayne
The KLM 737-900's are the only 737's that still have 2x3 seating in Europe Select. All the rest of the 737's are 3x3 seating in Europe Select.
If Europe Select is lightly booked, Row 5 sometimes becomes coach. Row 5 is still 2x3 seating on the 737-900, with the wider Europe Select seats. Row 6 on the 737-900 is still 2x3 seating, but with regular seats.

NW elites should be very wary of the seats NWA.com or KLM.com assigns you for intra-European travel. For some reason, they often assign NW elites seats in the back of the plane, even if you're one of the first to check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.