Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

MEM-DEN 319->CRJ and GNV-MEM schedule change!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEM-DEN 319->CRJ and GNV-MEM schedule change!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Angry MEM-DEN 319->CRJ and GNV-MEM schedule change!

Starting in JAN06, MEM-DEN/DEN-MEM is going from 3x daily A319 to 3x daily CRJ.

What a wonderful way to inaugurate the start of ski season!

In addition, instead of having a 7am and 5pm GNV-MEM flight, we are now stuck with a 7am and 12pm departure... If you'd like to leave GNV after your workday/meeting/etc, you can take DL or US from now on!

All in all, I find this insane! MEM-DEN ought to be a very popular route with high load factors and lower yield (but still profitable) during the SKI season! Instead, they are turning a journey from the SouthEast US to DEN in an expensive CRJ ordeal, with hair-pulling short CRJ-to-CRJ connections in MEM and sardine-can service for 4+hours at prices that are about 1.5-2x the price of non-stop UA/Ted/Frontier service from nearby cities!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:37 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
How about EGE

Originally Posted by BackOfTheBus

In addition, instead of having a 7am and 5pm GNV-MEM flight, we are now stuck with a 7am and 12pm departure... If you'd like to leave GNV after your workday/meeting/etc, you can take DL or US from now on!

All in all, I find this insane! MEM-DEN ought to be a very popular route with high load factors and lower yield (but still profitable) during the SKI season! Instead, they are turning a journey from the SouthEast US to DEN in an expensive CRJ ordeal, with hair-pulling short CRJ-to-CRJ connections in MEM and sardine-can service for 4+hours at prices that are about 1.5-2x the price of non-stop UA/Ted/Frontier service from nearby cities!
While only once daily, by Mid December daily MSP-EGE service will begin. I find EGE to be a much kinder and gentler airport during ski season. [though, I guess depending on final destination... DEN could be more convenient]

There is a really good AM connection MEM-MSP-EGE; which departs MEM at 8:25AM and arrives in EGE at 12:42PM.

The MEM-MSP flight is an A320 and the MSP-EGE flight is a 757.

and... you can't beat walking down the stairs of a 757 at EGE with the mountains in the background.....

anyway, I feel your pain when any mainline flight turns into a CRJ.

Last edited by baccarat_king; Oct 29, 2005 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:16 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by BackOfTheBus

With AA going to all ERJ's at MEM and NW continuing this stuff, it's going to be hard to get to MEM on anything but a RJ.

As for connecting at MEM, forget it, there are plenty of N/S flights from DEN to many cities (101 on UA alone) so who is going to connect. If RJ misery is involved, at least make it a N/S flight.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:05 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Mem is also cutting the early MEM to BNA flight down to a CRJ in mid dec. I think they are trying to make MEM all crjs soon. The GNV time change worries me, but I have pretty much given up on NWA anywhere in the south. Their are very few places were the last flight is late enough to work anymore. In the Delta area they are also upset about schedule cuts and all the extra ERJ/ CRJs.

Last edited by troyintn; Oct 30, 2005 at 6:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.