Wiki Posts
Search

wBC seats.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

wBC seats.

According to seatguru, 77 AB and JK aer excellent seats. &3 AB were taken. In row 77 which is better, aisle or window?

In Airbus 332, I have 1B. Would have liked a window seat. Any disadvantage to having 2J 3J or 5J?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by Yaatri
According to seatguru, 77 AB and JK aer excellent seats. &3 AB were taken. In row 77 which is better, aisle or window??
Assume you're talking 744 here?

If on the upper deck, I will ALWAYS try to get a seat at the window because you then have access to the side bins. In 77BJ there is no place to put your stuff... magazines, menus, headsets, blankets, pillows... I find this to be really annoying. 77AK have the side bins where you can keep all that stuff plus your laptop, amenity kit, etc., etc.

The window is pretty useless though. If you want a view go for 1ABJK.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
There is very little space in the side bins for row 77, as well as very little overhead storage. So, if you're going to be in-and-out of your bags, you'll want another row. Row 77 does have extra leg room, but I find there is enough leg room in other rows so it doesn't make much difference to me. Also, if you like windows, you'll want to avoid row 77.

If you stick with row 77, I suggest you go for either J or K only because sometimes the FA who services 72-74 also does 77A,B so you would be last in that group to be served. Only a minor issue, but I like being served earlier.

In the A332, 2J and 3J are fine -- and actually the only benefit of 1AB and 1HJ is that no one reclines in front of you. Actual leg room space (pitch) is the same. I would avoid rows 5 and 6, as the carts for Y travel to/from the galley located between 4 and 5, making that extra traffic a bit undesirable.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Assume you're talking 744 here?

If on the upper deck, I will ALWAYS try to get a seat at the window because you then have access to the side bins. In 77BJ there is no place to put your stuff... magazines, menus, headsets, blankets, pillows... I find this to be really annoying. 77AK have the side bins where you can keep all that stuff plus your laptop, amenity kit, etc., etc.

The window is pretty useless though. If you want a view go for 1ABJK.
Yes, I was talking about 747-400, upper deck. Thanks very much for you advice. For now, I am taking 77K.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
There is very little space in the side bins for row 77, as well as very little overhead storage. So, if you're going to be in-and-out of your bags, you'll want another row. Row 77 does have extra leg room, but I find there is enough leg room in other rows so it doesn't make much difference to me. Also, if you like windows, you'll want to avoid row 77.

If you stick with row 77, I suggest you go for either J or K only because sometimes the FA who services 72-74 also does 77A,B so you would be last in that group to be served. Only a minor issue, but I like being served earlier.

In the A332, 2J and 3J are fine -- and actually the only benefit of 1AB and 1HJ is that no one reclines in front of you. Actual leg room space (pitch) is the same. I would avoid rows 5 and 6, as the carts for Y travel to/from the galley located between 4 and 5, making that extra traffic a bit undesirable.
Thanks, I took 77K. Being served earlier can be an issue sometimes, especially when you have been running on empty all day. On 332, I took 2J
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I definitely prefer the upper deck. On a trip earlier this year, we sat in 77, 73ab, and 10ab on different segments. 77ab was definitely the best...note that on all configurations I've seen, the jk side will have a FA seat immediately in front of your seats...it's only on some configurations on the ab side. If you can, switch over to 77A...less of a chance that you'll have a jump seat right in front of you.

I'd disagree with the previous comments about storage. 77 has the bins on the side just like other upper deck seats. They are a bit akward since they are a bit further back than the other seats, but I didn't find that to be a problem.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divrdrew
I definitely prefer the upper deck. On a trip earlier this year, we sat in 77, 73ab, and 10ab on different segments. 77ab was definitely the best...note that on all configurations I've seen, the jk side will have a FA seat immediately in front of your seats...it's only on some configurations on the ab side. If you can, switch over to 77A...less of a chance that you'll have a jump seat right in front of you.

I'd disagree with the previous comments about storage. 77 has the bins on the side just like other upper deck seats. They are a bit akward since they are a bit further back than the other seats, but I didn't find that to be a problem.
I chose 77K because of the comment about 77AB being served by the same FA as rows 72-74. I don;t want to be the last to be served. I did think bout the FA jum seat being front of 77JK. I am short, so legroom is not that critical for me.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 3:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, NWA Gold, UA Prem Exec, Starwood Gold
I prefer 77 AB on 747 because on a flight that long, order of service is pretty much irrelevant. Being served 10 minutes later on a 8-12 hour flight is pretty much nothing. The sidebins ARE there, just have reach back a little for the handle. A332 I've been using 1 h,j however the flight attendants told me to sit in row5 next time as the service is better and more personalized.
Cheers,
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Yaatri
I chose 77K because of the comment about 77AB being served by the same FA as rows 72-74. I don;t want to be the last to be served. I did think bout the FA jum seat being front of 77JK. I am short, so legroom is not that critical for me.
I wouldn't worry too much about order of service in the upper deck. There are 2 FAs up there and it's pretty small. I think you get better service upstairs than downstairs on the 744.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divrdrew
I wouldn't worry too much about order of service in the upper deck. There are 2 FAs up there and it's pretty small. I think you get better service upstairs than downstairs on the 744.
You convinced me. I changed to 77A.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:36 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, NWA Gold, UA Prem Exec, Starwood Gold
Nice call, it is the best seat.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 46long
Nice call, it is the best seat.
That makes me feel better.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: NW Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
I prefer 73A. Extra leg room, window view, side storage, and can get out without having to climb over the aisle passenger.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpnwa
I prefer 73A. Extra leg room, window view, side storage, and can get out without having to climb over the aisle passenger.
Yes, but 73A is gone.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I am travelling with my family to Beijing over Christmas. At first my kids and my wife were excited about being on the upper deck of 747. But when I told my wife the over head bins would not accomodate any of our carry ons, their enthusiasm died down quickly. So I switched to the lower deck. My kids didn't really care about the lowe or the upper deck, as long as it was WBC. I think, overall, I woul prefer the lower deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.