Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Favorite First class seat on DC-10 to HNL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:45 pm
wil
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Emirates, Starwood

Hi all -

Wife and I are travelling MSP->HNL and used 70k miles to upgrade us both to First.

Trying to decide between 1 A&B or 2 C&G based on seatguru.

Do you all have any recommendations?

This is my first time on a NW DC-10 (mostly fly MSP->SJC on the bus) and don't know what to expect, though I hear the cabin is configured like WBC without the WBC service...

TIA!
-wil
Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
2H&J. Lots of space with the bulkhead there. I hate C&G because of everyone crossing over (only one lav in WBC on the DC-10).

Steve
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
2 or 3 c/g are best as far as I am concerned. Lots of room, free access to aisle. Lets face it, not much to see out the window! I always go for mid-row in BC cabin. 2 is better than 1 because of possible folks walking in front of you. 2 is better than 3 because you get first choice fromm menu.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:26 pm
V21

Programs: free agent
Seatguru reports the air quality in 1AB as being "stuffy" and I agree that it's just out of the air circulation loop. The temperature difference between 1AB and 2AB is really significant- something like 5-10 degrees, I think. However, the space and privacy are above average and might outweigh the air issues, particularly if you tend to find that cabins are kept too cold for your taste.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Paging slippahs!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by NWA_5479
Paging slippahs!
2-A is my personal favorite! (Though, any window seat on the way to Hawaii is usually prime seating)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.