Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

want to book 3 award at the same time dif accounts.??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

want to book 3 award at the same time dif accounts.??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Smile want to book 3 award at the same time dif accounts.??

We have 3 familly members who want to go on a trip next summer back east all with separte accounts with their miles. The availbity doesn't seem to be a problem yet but I wanted to book it on-line to save the $15/per ticket fee. Is it possilbe to book one res and before you ticket it get on nwa.com again and do another res, then get on nwa.com and do a third res and when you have all three then go ticket? I just wanted to know if there are any pitfalls in the plan before I try it. Will it time out?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Well, you can call the award line and at least inquire if it'll be a problem if you book it online.. I'm sure they'll have an answer for you.... better safe than sorry.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:58 am

Programs: NW, Marriott, HHonors, Westin
I don't think you can do what you want. However, Customers First applies to award tickets, so if after you've booked one (or two) you find you can't book the second (or third), you can call the CF line and cancel the ones that you have booked without penalty, as long as you cancel before midnight the following day.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Good call on the Customer's First as a backup. I have made multiple reservations on separate accounts several times, and it is true that there is no way to batch them, but one needs to do them sequentially. My little trick to get some sense of how the capacity looks is to enter the dates and routing, and make the award reservation for 6 pax. If it comes up clear for the larger number of seats, I then exit and start in on the individual ones with a reasonable assurance they won't be sold out before I can get through the three reservation processes.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks you for your replies. What is customer first?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Originally Posted by dinise
Thanks you for your replies. What is customer first?
/.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:57 am

The short version: you have until midnight Eastern time the day *after* you book any NW flight to cancel without penalty. In the case of an award ticket, this means you can have your miles redeposited without the $25/$50 admin fee.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
.. until midnight Eastern time the day *after* ..
Ummm -- ".. midnight Central Standard time the day after .."

/.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:56 am

I sit corrected. Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. I went to book on-line for the dates I wanted and nothing. zilch. What happened?. Before I just put some dates in there to see how hard it would be and it didn't look like a problem. I wanted to fly on July 15 2005 sna to bdl or alb and no dice. I was going to wait for the return to open up here real soon and come back the 30th of july. I tried the japanese website to see avilibity in all july, and june and nothing for standard awards.

I thought this looks really bad so I decided that I would pay the $15.00 per ticket. and the agent said nothing in all july. "Maybe they will realise some tickets after spring break next year". Is it really this bad????

Anyone have any idea for the partner airlines???

Any tips would be appriceated!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.